Differential

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Right now the only option is the open diff from the V6 Auto Gen 5 Camaro. The V6 manual and V8 automatic used the next step up which included an LSD. We're picking one of those up soon to see what all will need to be done to fit that version.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
So far we only experienced one wheel peel when doing donuts. On a hard launch or even a slightly sideways slide we tend to get a little spin from both.

Here's a video of a hard launch during our first drive. We had way too much camber in the rear but we were excited to go drive it:

I think having independent rear suspension makes the LSD a little less important when it comes to avoiding one wheel peel. For example, our all terrain Goblin throws dirt with both tires even though it has the base auto open diff:

http://instagr.am/p/BvE0RzsBHkj/

ccannx

You would almost have to lift one of the rear wheels off the ground completely to spin one wheel from an open diff moving to double a arm suspension and two tires should substantially put more power to the ground on launches.

Jonnyzcar

You would almost have to lift one of the rear wheels off the ground completely to spin one wheel from an open diff moving to double a arm suspension and two tires should substantially put more power to the ground on launches.
Ok man, that's not true. Sorry, but you dont know what you're talking about.
I've had open difs, partial locks and full locks.
You can tell the difference in the diffs....if ya know what I mean....

Once that power hits a certain amount, one wheel spins all day long. In this power, and setup it may be okay....and I'm okay with that. If I turbo my 324 converted slingshot, I WILL NEED AN LSD!

ccannx

Ok man, that's not true. Sorry, but you dont know what you're talking about.
I agree there, I’m often wrong but I’m always certain.
I've had open difs, partial locks and full locks.
You can tell the difference in the diffs....if ya know what I mean....
What did you have those in ?
Once that power hits a certain amount, one wheel spins all day long. In this power, and setup it may be okay....and I'm okay with that. If I turbo my 324 converted slingshot, I WILL NEED AN LSD!
Sounds like you know a lot about diffs !

Last edited:

Jonnyzcar

Only enough to argue on the internet :p

I went through several diffs and learned a lot. All from open stock to full racing 2 way adjustable lockers. Built them myself.

I hope the 324 kit diff is easy to swap (no extra hardware)....or maybe I'll wait for the LSD version.... I'm trying to preplan a little bit.

Thanks for the convo guys

kalishek

324 Thread.
Test drove 2018 Slingshot SLR last week. Had to be careful with throttle, is a bit tail happy under max power. Agree with Jonny that limited slip option is way to go when plan is to turbocharge. Any time line on LSD option? Dealer offered reasonable deal on his leftover 2018.
KAL

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Adam found an LSD diff near us that we can pick up next week. We will try to put together the price for the limited slip option in the next few weeks.

Our test vehicle is a 2018, it was a rental that had 4000 miles on it. The clutch was smoked and we are planning on putting a turbo kit in it so while we have it apart we are going to put in a bigger clutch. The flywheel should be here today.

20200104_084106.jpg

rabtech

DDMWorks is putting a 3.27 LSD in mine this week. I have a 5L40E automatic also with a tick over 500hp. I run up to 25 to 26 psi of boost to achieve this hp. I have a 12 position rotary dial that lets me dial in from 0 to 26psi.

20200908_174258.jpg

20200908_172040.jpg

20200909_123451.jpg

20200908_174445.jpg

20200908_174344.jpg