Digital dash

Bbourke

I'm wanting to replace all of the gauges I have including the factory tech and speedometer, boost gauge, air fuel gauge etc with one single digital dash screen. Has anybody done this? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated I have no idea even where to start or what is compatible.
Thanks in advance

Bbourke

Not at all really, even if I can only get my factory gauges that would be enough and I could have the aftermarket air fuel and boost gauge set off to the side that would be more than enough

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Ultra gauge will likely give you the info but if you are talking about a large format easy to read version, I don’t think there is much that is easy or cheap. Read through the search posts I linked.

Bbourke

Thank you for the link I didn't even realize they made cheap ones like that The ones I've been looking at are right around $1,000 some of them up to $1,500 I just don't want to buy one that's not going to be compatible with this ECU which brings me to the next question What ECU does my car even have lol I assume it's a factory ECU with HP tuners for a 2009 cobalt because that was the donor car...

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I can’t see your signature if you have your donor listed in it. The turbo cars have a Bosch e69 ECM. The HP Tuners doesn’t come into lay unless you bought one to change settings in the ECM. The one I showed on eBay works with my 09 turbo. It’s smaller than it looks on the ad but is still workable.
The Bluetooth to a phone or tablet is an option but you have to deal with powering and mounting.
image.jpg

Bbourke

I'm sorry to be so ignorant, I'm still learning my car I bought the Lego turbo Goblin that was listed for sale here a couple months ago I believe the full build list is on the listing I can go back and look to be sure. But what I'm wanting to do is eliminate all the gauges and just have one if possible

ATMironov

I'm running an AIM MXG 1.2
The AIM dash reports a ton a data though the CANBUS and has basically unlimited expandability for sensors.
There is a 5" and 7" model both in data logging and non logging versions
IMG_9030.jpg

ATMironov

That right there is exactly what I'm looking for I just don't know what to get to make it fit LOL
Attached are some full scale templates you can print out to use for a mockup.

As far as the wring goes, for the basics its just hooking up 12v for power, ground, and two wires at the OBD2 Port (CAN+ and CAN-)
Then there is some splicing to get signal lights like turn and high beams.

Here is my general diagram. Its for on 08, so the wiring will be different to yours.

Matt Romanowski ([email protected]) @ https://trailbrake.com/ has been a great resource for helping me get set up

Wiring Layout2.jpg

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Used a Android tablet, Bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Used apps Torque Pro and Racing Meter. 3d printed enclosure/mount.
Stock cluster to be removed and new dash panel built.
I didn't know you could get the transmission gears on a supercharged LSJ with a manual transmission. Is this some functionallity you added, or is it available information on the CanBus?

ATMironov

I didn't know you could get the transmission gears on a supercharged LSJ with a manual transmission. Is this some functionallity you added, or is it available information on the CanBus?
For the AIM Dash, there is a math channel that you enter your gear ratios tire Diameters and it calculates what gear you’re in based on RPM

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
For the AIM Dash, there is a math channel that you enter your gear ratios tire Diameters and it calculates what gear you’re in based on RPM
What ATMironov said. Same process in Racing Meter.
I'm rather impressed on its accuracy. Thinking I could fool it by short shifting and lugging the car around, it figures out the correct gear. As long as your gear ratios, final drive ratio and tire diameter are all correct.