Disabling Check Engine Light (CEL) and Others

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Exactly how much panel space is there between the upper steering column and the cowling? 3 inches; I’m guessing? I’m seriously beginning to want a stand alone panel.

Ross

Goblin Guru
One of these days I will open up my panel, and cut the traces Chad mentioned.
I will trace & document the ABS light trace then... but here is some notes to help me:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
One of these days I will open up my panel, and cut the traces Chad mentioned.
I will trace & document the ABS light trace then... but here is some notes to help me:
View attachment 10292
Takes all of 4 seconds to pull the cover off the cluster. Electrical tape over the LEDs of the warning lights you don't want to see, non destructive and easy.

Ross

Goblin Guru
These are the lights left on when my engine is running. Didn't take long to disassemble the dash, and fix these lights.

The black tape covers those 5 LEDs, and the next picture is the dash film when placed on a window to show all the translucent areas.

Here is an overlay of the last 2 pictures to show how the black tape aligns with the dash film.

After I took these images, I realized I shouldn't have covered the check engine light, so I went back and removed the tape off of it.
I should be able fix that in HP Tuners.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Or we could wait for Brad to finish his next Goblin gadget and select which light we want to disable. :D

bradr

After I took these images, I realized I shouldn't have covered the check engine light, so I went back and removed the tape off of it.
I should be able fix that in HP Tuners.
I was able to delete all the codes that were throwing check engine lights on my 2010 SS using HP tuners - they make it really easy.

Or we could wait for Brad to finish his next Goblin gadget and select which light we want to disable. :D
I'm waiting on a bid to have the circuit boards built by a production facility. I hope to hear back soon!