Discuss the first stage instructions

Bretter

For the first start in video #21, should we worry about transmission fluid level? I'm assuming the transmission fluid cooling loop needs to be in place as I am assuming the pump will automatically start running when the engine starts. We will check coolant and oil for sure, but does the transmission need to be sealed/filled, i.e. the axle seals in place prior to starting?

Thanks!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Those of you who have a manual transmission and are using the OEM rear engine mount and not the DF solid mount, can you send a picture of how you routed your shift cables?

My supplied transmission bracket positions them directly in front of the mount, they don't appear to easily fit around them.

Last edited:

PyroGuy923

+1 on a printed plan. Also, do you have the image files for the wiring harness? I remember you had something printed out that you could lay the wiring harness on.
I love the idea of a printed guide by donor type/stage. I think this would go a long way to have a spiral book to go through as your're doing the build. Would save a lot of stopping, going back, and rewatching the videos.