Do I need these sensors and valves? 2005 SS/SC

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Nothing to it. I think there’s a step by step here somewhere, but it’s really not that difficult.

Whidbey Goblin

On my go carts and motorcycles I always eliminate this rebreather line, Cap the one on the intake and put a small simple filter near the valve cover. Did you keep this line or get rid of it?

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
On my go carts and motorcycles I always eliminate this rebreather line, Cap the one on the intake and put a small simple filter near the valve cover. Did you keep this line or get rid of it?
While I got rid of mine and just put a filter on it, I consider putting the hose back on. With just a filter, the crankcase pressure that builds up has to blow through the filter, if it should ever get clogged, you can build up excessive pressure in the crank and blow other things. I've noticed our valve cover gasket weeping a bit and I can't help to wonder if it's because of "pressure" in the valve cover and not having the intake "suck" out the built up pressure. During WOT and high boost, this really comes into play.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Oil in the intake obviously isn't a good thing either. Get a universal catch can and put it in the middle of this line, but keep it attached to the intake like mentioned by @ctuinstra. Boost will build crank case pressures and blow seals/gaskets eventually otherwise.