Do I need these sensors and valves? 2005 SS/SC

Whidbey Goblin

I’m trying to get all my wiring packaged to ship tonight. One of the wiring harnesses DF kit Car wants is the fuel pump harness. It doesn’t appear mine separates from the fuel pump. Is this normal? Am I missing something? Possibly still a harness on the donor chassis?

Attachments

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
That is odd, I can install a standard fuel pump connector on your wiring harness and you can get a new fuel pump or a used one from a salvage yard. Or I can leave the wires open and you can solder them directly to your existing pump harness.

Purple
Tan
Gray
Black

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The part number on the wiring seems to cross reference back to the 2005 standard cobalt although from the pictures on Rockauto, both the Standard and SC version in 05 had the pigtail coming off of the pump. I think the mounting pump tabs are different from mine also so might want to confirm that works also.

Whidbey Goblin

That is odd, I can install a standard fuel pump connector on your wiring harness and you can get a new fuel pump or a used one from a salvage yard. Or I can leave the wires open and you can solder them directly to your existing pump harness.

Purple
Tan
Gray
Black
OK, thanks for the info Lonny. I will probably just solder them in but I’ll let you know for sure before you receive the harnesses. I’ll be shipping my harnesses to you today.

Whidbey Goblin

OK, thanks for the info Lonny. I will probably just solder them in but I’ll let you know for sure before you receive the harnesses. I’ll be shipping my harnesses to you today.
Water driver was able to reuse the existing plug on his old fuel pump. I’m thinking of doing the same. You wired in the standard plug when you did my harness and I opened it up a little bit. I see black gray tan purple. Which is which though? I know coming out of my pump I have power, ground, and two for fuel level sensor. I assume the black and gray are power, the purple and tan are fuel level sensor. Which is power, which is ground? Is the fuel level sensor polarity sensitive?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The secret is the video isn't on this web site. You have to use a video website like Vimeo or YouTube.

2. You copy a link from your YouTube video, then highlight some words that will link to the video, then press the chain link icon to insert the video URL.

Or

click on insert Media, then give it the YouTube/Vimeo URL link.

Last edited: