Does anyone need an excuse to go to the Beach!?

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I hear there are several Goblins in the Huston area. I am on Galveston island(south of Jamaica Beach at the KOA) for the next 2 months and I would enjoy seeing some Goblins and asking their owners questions about their builds. I'm considering "bribing owners" with "Stellar Gifts" like 1(one) free single burger(no cheese) at Sonic(sorry, no fries or drink, limit one per vehicle, must be present to win, MUST PRESENT VALID STATE I.D.). Or maybe FREE bottled water(limit 2 per vehicle, please. I am on a very small budget.) Pick the place on this island and the date, strangely I am generally busy on the weekends but free weekdays all day. So, announce some times/ideas and let's see what happens. I CAN Legally Promise Galveston area will have weather of some sort upon your arrival!(prolly still, muggy and mosquito infested if it's not pouring rain.) AND it might or might not CHANGE during the duration of your visit! (If that's not enticing EVERYONE, well, I'm just done here.) Keeping a few fingers crossed! THANKS!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This is a very tempting offer. :D

One of the biggest downsides to Galveston, for us, is getting there. Most of us are on the north to west side of Houston. Getting to Galveston will take a while, in usually heavy, bad traffic. I’ll be off of work the week between Christmas and new years, so we may be able to work something out. The weather will be a factor too.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
WARNING: I'm on a limited budget here! I'm not sure I can afford more than 5 burgers/bribes! OK, I'll consider an extra bottle of water to the first three(3) Goblins.(sweet, no?) Tryin' not to get stuck feeding the world here!, but I promised a bribe and I keep my promises! But seriously, discuss it among your group and figure out what works and post it. And since this is Not My Island, if other friends with interesting cars want to show up, the more the merrier; I'm just not feeding them! (This get together is BYOC!, Bring Your Own Cones) I'll be here until St. Valentines day.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Hey! Where is the Donut Shop around here? I have no Idea "where" might be a good meeting place. I'll be glad to scope out any suggested spots and Txt pix. OH! and remember!, You can drive Your Goblin ON THE BEACH HERE!(I don't recommend that, but it's your Goblin.) We've been having some great sunsets this week, except when it's rained out. txt me at ^^6 7 8^^4 6 4^^3 3^^4 1

Brett

Look for Shipley's donuts if that is what you are craving.

Not gonna drive it on the beach.....

Not sure where to meet. Havent been to Galveston in about 4 years.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Brett, thanks for the donut tip! "Donut Derelicts" an catchy name for a car guy/ Saturday morning get together, no club, no pretense. In Chamblee, Ga we met up at Dandy Donuts across from the high school. Drank coffee, ooggled each others latest projects/cars, proved that our projects ran, exchanged stories, mucho BS'ing and shared info on upcoming events. (Very Informal) I'll check Shipley's on Saturday morning. Thanks!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Brett, and anyone else reading this, the Donut Derelicts is NOT an established group! They are the Rebels/the Nomads/the Independents of the auto hobby! Start your own set of Donut Derelicts! Oh the clubs might stop by now and again but your Donut Shop is always there for you. HOW DO I START?? you ask. Step #1 Find a Donut Shop you want to hang out at on Saturday morning(further from Starbuck's the better.), Dunkin' Donuts works ok, but the Mom and Pop stores seem to work best and displays your independent streak.(You built a kit car?, you are an independent thinker, accept that, embrace it!, LIVE IT!, GO YOU!) Step #2 On Saturday mornings, rain or shine, about 7:30AM get in your piece of "automotive toyness" and GO to said donut emporium and park your "bundle of automotive JOY" prominently close to the busiest street by said Donut Shop. Go into the confines of your chosen donut merchant, sit and drink coffee(or practice an equivalent time wasting diversion of your choice. People once read news papers!? REALLY!, I'm not making that up!) Be prepared to be approached by "the Auto Curious". Smile!, be approachable, The curious types are usually a little skittish. Many times it helps to wear an Automotively inclined hat or other paraphinilia/camoflage that might display your envolvement with "the bait car". Depart after 1-3 hours. Step #3 Get others to expend idle saturday mornings with you (through mild threats or promises if needed). Make a point of showing up in odd and interesting autos. Park for max visibility.(If you must drive the family mini van remember to park away from the cool cars, usually just around "the corner of shame", by the dumpsters.) Step #4 Be consistent and persistent. If your luck pans out many men and some women with "Wheeled Mistresses" will see you and follow your lead. Step #5 Be ready to talk about your car. Remember to be Inclusive NOT EXCLUSIVE! Live up to the name, You are a DERELICT!, Be Proud of your Derelict Status!(Really guys, that is how all this works; you start it. WARNING: This is not the usual venue for children. They get fussy fast and sugar just puts that in to O/D! If they're not interested, you're going home! Parent at your own risk!)

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Brett! I just read about your accident! Suffering Cats! are you healed yet? Does the wife let you out of her sight yet? I don't think mine would? Achillies Tendon! That had to be a long recovery! I'll make your sonic burger a double, and I may get you cheese gratis as well. "To help with good Rocky's revival".{a line from a Beatle's tune}

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Really folks! Kidding about single plain Sonic burgers. If two Goblin's show up I'll prolly feed everyone(4). At Sonic, Combo meals, no desert. :eek:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Currently called off on account of offspring! I am supposed to be in Galveston, TX. I am, for the foreseeable month, in Montana! Arrgh! I have to wonder what I Won’t Do for my kids! So all offers of burger bribes for coming to the island are suspended and likely cancelled as I may only return in time to relocate to Louisiana! Goblin On, Friends!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
“Life’s not fair is it? Well I.... I was to be KING! And you.. you shall never see the light of another day, a’deau!” Prince Scar from The Lion King

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I believe when I get back to the QC area I’ll buy the In N Out Burgers! No joke, it’s a promise. But the soonest I might get there is Christmas 23! And with new grand baby arriving in June, Christmas where new Grand Baby ain’t is unlikely! I’ve got to sell everyone on A South Phoenix Christmas. Thankfully that’s not a tough sell.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
This is a short list of really good and locally family owned places to eat in South Phoenix/South Mountain:
Los Dos Molinos, Pancho's Mexican Food and Cantina, and Lolo's Chicken and Waffles all on South Central Ave.
T-Bone Steakhouse on South 19th Ave.
Dora's Kitchen (it's in the back of a liquor store) and Hola Cabrito Birria de Chivio both on South 16th St.
The Farm Kitchen on South 32nd St.
Aunt Chilada's Tempe on East Baseline Rd.
Rustler's Rooste on South 48th St.
All highly recommended by the Squatch!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
IT’S BACK ON!! I will be back to My Island on Tuesday! WooHoo! These kids are getting better at moving or leaving me out of their moves. So, Free Sonic Burgers for SOMEONE!? I imagine I can hear Tatuu ringing his bell and shouting “De Gablense! De Gablense!”