Donor car advice Primary Damag Biohazard/chemical ? Concerned ?

Indy Lonnie

The advantage to going with the Corbeau's from DF is, the kit includes the seat mounts...
And don't forget about the weight. You'll shave about a hundred pounds if you go with the Corbeau (aftermarket) seats.
Also, the Corbeau seats are very comfortable for me. I'm 275 lbs and they come in 3 sizes. I got the largest - wide. They still fit and I have wide shoulders 50"+ (I'm not all fat...). Everyone that has been for a ride complements on the comfort. I went in a ride in Lonny's at DF. They were much smaller were not comfortable for me. I looked like a can of popped biscuits in his Corbeau seats...
corbeau seats.jpg

Last edited:

Indy Lonnie

If you want to drive a finished product, buy everything that DF offers and you want. It works and bolts in without fabrication. I see a lot of people get bogged down in the weeds trying to fabricate something that took me just a few minutes to bolt in. I was driving mine within 4 months of starting. A 1/4 to 1/3 of that was the wiring harness. There are many people here that will never finish their Goblin. I think because they try to customize everything and loose interest before it is complete. The Doyle family are engineers by trade... They have already done the job for you. It is an awesome kit.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
And don't forget about the weight. You'll shave about a hundred pounds if you go with the Corbeau (aftermarket) seats.
That's a very good point. I don't know what my cheap-ass seats weigh. They're probably not as light as the Corbeaus since they have the bits necessary to make them adjustable, but they're also nowhere near as heavy as the stock seats. I did add a total of 8 feet of galvanized steel signpost and a pair of steel seat brackets as my mounting system, so there's some weight there, as well.

If you want to drive a finished product, buy everything that DF offers and you want. It works and bolts in without fabrication. I see a lot of people get bogged down in the weeds trying to fabricate something that took me just a few minutes to bolt in. I was driving mine within 4 months of starting. A 1/4 to 1/3 of that was the wiring harness. There are many people here that will never finish their Goblin. I think because they try to customize everything and loose interest before it is complete. The Doyle family are engineers by trade... They have already done the job for you. It is an awesome kit.
This is also a very good point. DF's kit, if purchased complete, is a turn-key (well .... turn-wrench) solution. It just bolts together and you have a running, driving Goblin. As a novice myself, I mostly went that route, aside from my seats.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
And for those that want to get through the build as quickly as possible, the kit pieces assembled with the donor pieces - after wiring thinning and reassembly - is truly unique for a kitcar. No mods required - if that's what you want to do. Bolt everything up and go have fun! :)

Some of us enjoy the build and use the very well engineered kit as a basis for doing things that make the Goblin our own unique build. Doing mods by thinking through the engineering, fabrication of special and specific pieces, and then feeling the reward of accomplishment is just as important as driving the car in the end.

So the Goblin can be the best of both worlds for those who enjoy the build and those who enjoy the drive. :D

EDIT: Sorry, I think we kinda hijacked this thread and got off on a tangent - we do that sometimes.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Different strokes for different folks. It’s what makes the world go ’round.......... and fat bottomed girls is what makes the rock’n world go ‘round. :eek: