Donor is Road Worthy

PaulPerger

After getting my Donor home, I spent a few weeks getting it cleaned up, freshened up, and registered to drive.

Unlike most, I plan to drive my donor for about year before starting my Goblin project. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, I plan to move from Central Ohio to Southern Florida 2021. I don't want to move a build project in process. Second, I am not a mechanic and I want to get to know this engine and fully understand how it should be running, etc. before I tear it apart for the Goblin. Third, I needed a Daily Driver as my Fiat Abarth is a little sketchy in cold, wet weather.

So I got a special vanity plate so I don't forget why I bought this car...

Paul, I too have been thinking along that route as well. I feel that a salvage or wrecked vehicle may be a risky choice even if they are available pretty cheap. Driving a working vehicle for a while will allow me to learn the mechanics and also give me something worthwhile to part out when the time comes to start the build. Besides I think the Cobalt may be fun to drive.
(not as much fun as your Fiat though).
The biggest holdup I have now is I have a two car garage and two new vehicles that occupy that space.
I'm not sure I am ready to commit my garage space for the length of time a build will take.