Donor too good to be true?

Dakota8800

Oh wow! Looks like something from my childhood at the county fair demolition derby.
Cobalt battery was always in the trunk.
Rear suspension does not get used on the Goblin.
Hopefully you will not need to replace too many major items in the build process.
SO - get after it!!!! :)
Shows you how much of a novice I am when it comes to this project!
I appreciate it! Will get the kit ordered as soon as I save the money!
Now, I find out if one of my friends will let me dirty up their place!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sweet. Should be good. I will tell you, our older ones have a ton of parts made of unobtainium, so save everything ......everything.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A first thing get or borrow a label maker before you disassemble anything. Label EVERYTHING. And take lots of photos.
Everyone says to label everything, which I agree, but to me it’s even more important to take pictures. Fuse box connectors front and back, random under hood, dash, top, bottom, inside and out. You never know what you need and a simple pic can explain a lot.

Dakota8800

Everyone says to label everything, which I agree, but to me it’s even more important to take pictures. Fuse box connectors front and back, random under hood, dash, top, bottom, inside and out. You never know what you need and a simple pic can explain a lot.
Thanks for the advice! I will probably have over 100 pics after stripping.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I planned on using painters tape and a sharpie. On par with a label maker or would sharpie fade?
Tape will pull off when pulling the harness out through holes. The advantage with label maker is it is small.

A first thing get or borrow a label maker before you disassemble anything. Label EVERYTHING. And take lots of photos.
As Tim said. Even if the plug is not attached to anything. Give it a number or letter and make a note of where in the car it was located. An example my car was a 5 speed. It had the plugs in the center console for an automatic.

Dakota8800

Tape will pull off when pulling the harness out through holes. The advantage with label maker is it is small.

As Tim said. Even if the plug is not attached to anything. Give it a number or letter and make a note of where in the car it was located. An example my car was a 5 speed. It had the plugs in the center console for an automatic.
Understood! Look like I'm going to get me some labels.