Download bootloader request

Dominicnicklyn

So, here I am again with no answer to my problems. Figured it was time to ask the big boys.

I have an 06 lsj that is having a weird antitheft issue. I bought HP tuners and all the fun tuning stuff to unlock my ecm and disable VATS.

After making sure i take all the extra precautionary steps to ensure my editing would
go smoothly, I conect to the vehicle and read the tune and unlock the ecm. Tables seem to be stock. So, I get all excited and edit my VATS and try to write the tune.

Then it erases the tune and displays "bootloader request download: timed out". And now hp tuners doesn't even show that the ecm is connected anymore

I grab my 05ss ecm that's laying around and try to connect to it. It connected

So my big brain assumes the original ecm has been tuned before (due to having a catless dp) and I order a new one from flashmasters with my vin and OP matched.

New ecm gets here, I put it on the car, double check all my precautions and grounds, conect via hp tuners, read the tune, and unlock the Vin.

I go to write the new tune with VATS disabled and it DOES THE SAME SH!T AGAIN!!!

Now I bricked my brand new ecm and im getting the same error message as the first time.

bootloader request download: timed out

Help!!!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Do you have any other devices attached to the OBD or CANBUS wires?

Also, HPTuners forum has a number of posts related to bootloader timeouts that were the result of aftermarket radios or interfaces that were wired incorrectly.

Dominicnicklyn

I have absolutely nothing else that would interfere. I redone the harness by following the df instructional videos. The car is acting the same way it was before I stripped the donor down.

I tested the CAN bus system myself and it seems to be working correctly.

I'll see if I can find anything else in the hp forum