Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Smart putting feet and inch in separate columns. I've broken many a bolt not seeing the difference in the spec's.
This is a good reference! Might want to put the brake caliper bleeder valves in the other column though, lest someone twist one off at 97 lb-ft

Jareth

Goblin Guru
What the heck, how did that happen :mad:

I’ll have to fix it in the morning, excel file is at work.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
This knob seems like it is just begging for someone to twist on me when I’m not looking?

Found these grey covers today at Ace Hardware. Yellow ones may have fit right over the threads but I think the yellow would clash with the frame color.

It was too lose just placed over the theads.

so I removed the Black cover that came with the Shocks, placed the gray cover over the thread, and then squeezed Black cover over the Gray cover.

I like it.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
This knob seems like it is just begging for someone to twist on me when I’m not looking?

Found these grey covers today at Ace Hardware. Yellow ones may have fit right over the threads but I think the yellow would clash with the frame color.

It was too lose just placed over the theads.

so I removed the Black cover that came with the Shocks, placed the gray cover over the thread, and then squeezed Black cover over the Gray cover.

I like it.

I think the black plastic cap is for the inner tie rods that attach to the steering spacer behind the engine.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Great, that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention to what came with what. They just seamed to be perfect fit for that top nut.

Wonder if I could purchase some extra ones some where?

Brett

Great, that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention to what came with what. They just seamed to be perfect fit for that top nut.

Wonder if I could purchase some extra ones some where?

Toe Link Boots are in the DF store. ;)

I kind of want to order a set for this application.

Brett

Just put them in your cart and wait till the next order.

There is always a next order. ;)

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
FYI, you can set your damping and then remove the knobs as an alternative. Or remember how many clicks from full soft you like it and periodically check.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Tool Review Saturday :) Highly rate this little 3/8” Ratchet, it’s great for getting thing’s initial snug and works well in tight spaces.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Perhaps it will be snug once I finish bleeding the brakes, but right now the outer pads are floating around very loose?

And know I also thank that one portion of that large wire clip needs to go over the tab of the caliper?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Ok, issue resolved, it was the spring that once I reorientated it as shown in this picture everything became nice and snug, no rattle.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Always thoght I might initially use the stock seat belts instead of dealing with a 4 point harness every time I get in and out, but after seeing how ugly they look I’m off to order a set of 4 point harnesses.

What are your thoughts on the following?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I just installed a harness, and had to learn about them.

The lap belts are easier to adjust if you have pull up belts. Those are pull down, which works well if you have someone outside the car bucking you up. Pull up lap belts just mean you grab the red strap, and pull towards the center latch. The black loop is for releasing the tension. Shoulder straps are always pull down. Also the 4 point belts tend to lift the lap belt, as the shoulder straps pull them up. 5 point systems should have a hole in the seat, but help lower the lap belt.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Once you have them adjusted to your self is it just a mater of cliking your self in for the near future or are you always pulling the straps Ever time you get in?

Ross

Goblin Guru
You probably will leave the driver's straps the same. The passenger side will probably get adjusted more, if you have different passengers. I sometimes put stuff behind the drivers seat (Like milk, and water jugs), and have to slide my seat forward when I do.
I am going to try to leave the Cobalt belts on the drivers side, as daily driving I don't want the hassle of the racing harness. The SCCA instructor I met at Houston autocross said that some cars have both harnesses on one seat. So that is what I am going to try to do.