Dragon Motorsports 1.0 [Extended\Full-Cage\Double Door Bars] - [Frame #290] - SOLD

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I actually had a brain fart when I pulled the stock seatbelt mechanism out of a storage box, I was thinking that spring loaded housing needed to mounted up top in the thru hole in the frame.

Today it dawned on me that part mounts down at the bottom of the frame and just the guide bracket mounts up top.

I may run both the stock belt and a four point harness, like Ross indicated that he does?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Awake at 3;30 puttering in the garage on the Goblin, it’s not like I can just lay in bed and think about what I still need to do on the Goblin.

I like this much better than using a worm gear clamp.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Ok, so maybe it was more than 10 times, but did not want to push my luck, besides I have the whole weekend to sneak out some more.

Sent an email to the DF Crew to reaquest to get the ball rolling to get a plate.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Today, got the brakes properly bled, brake lights, and front and rear turn signals all wired up.

Also put some USB connections in Two in the tunnel always on, and Two on pigtails connected to Key-On +12

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hmm, did you prep the metal per VHT instructions, cleaning off all rust, grease, fingerprints? Paint completely dry (best at 24 hours), run engine idle for 10 minutes, cool for 20 minutes, run engine idle for 20 minutes, cool for 20 minutes, run engine idle for 30 minutes, cool at least 30 minutes? I don't believe you can exceed 1300 degrees on a NA, unless you are running really lean?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Well, that may explain it, I may have let it run for 5 minutes twice over two days? It was smoking really bad.

Do you think I could spay some more over it or would I need to strip it?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That I'm not certain about. You may want to contact VHT directly, tell them your situation and ask them what is the best course of action to get the finish you are looking for. Will be a good information point for anyone else doing the same header coating. :D

Last edited:

Scott #321

I used vht for my exhaust and turbo housing and it is still holding after 1000 miles. I did prep by soda blasting everything then the incremental heating and cooling before subjecting it to the heat of actual driving.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Wow, I didn't realize the "cook-in" procedure for VHT was so specific! So Jareth, I get it if you didn't follow protocol. I too would have sprayed it, let it dry, then run the car a good long time, thinking that would pretty much do it!
GOTTA follow procedure...

jamesm

Goblin Guru
VHT is good stuff if you follow the process. I have several coated parts that still look good after several years and thousands of miles.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well, that may explain it, I may have let it run for 5 minutes twice over two days? It was smoking really bad.

Do you think I could spay some more over it or would I need to strip it?

It is a paint system consisting of primer, paint, clear coat. I've typically used the primer and paint with really good results. It's all in the prep work too.
"VHT Coating System
The system includes surface preparation, primer, paint and clear coat.

Prime SP100 FLAMEPROOF™ Primer
Coat SPXXX FLAMEPROOF™ Color
Finish SP115 FLAMEPROOF™ Clear"

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Who do I need to contact to get my membership card to The Officially WANG Club? Or is there “The No WANG Club?

Still need to paint and install the support rod.

For a cheep $200 Amazon Wang I’m really happy with it, looks like I just need some 1” spacers to line up with the DFK Brackets.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
My Loving Wife helping me put some finishing touches on the Goblin.

I’m still undecided on Wrap, Paint or even Color at the moment so I will drive it as is for the time being.

Tomorrow morning I’ll toss on Fenders & Wheels, and then next week or so find some place to take care of the alignment.

Last edited: