Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So Dragon Motorsports is the LLC that I created to register Kit #290 that I built and this will be the build log for the new kit I have on order. It’s crazy that DFK has sold over 100 Kits since I bought my first one less than a year ago.

Although I was not ready to chop up the first donor I bought last year, I’m read to do so now. (or find an SS before the frame starts to be welded) When I bought it she had 10K on her but have been driving it everyday and she now have 20K miles.

It may not be as much fun tearing this one apart, need to remove everything without damage so I can perhaps sell the body parts?

Last edited:

ATMironov

So Dragon Motorsports is the LLC that I created to register Kit #290 that I built and this will be the build log for the new kit I have on order. It’s crazy that DFK has sold over 100 Kits since I bought my first one less than a year ago.

Although I was not ready to chop up the first donor I bought then, I’m read to do so now. (or at least once the new kit ships) When I bought it she had 10K on her but have been driving it everyday and she now have 20K miles.

It will be nice not making the same little mistake again now that I think I know what I’m doing.

It may not be as much fun tearing this one apart, need to remove everything without damage so I can perhaps sell the body parts?

So what will you be doing different than the first build? (If any)

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Good question:

First thing although I can get in and out of the full cage just find, but I have found after the last year of looking at everyones open frame they just look hotter.

Second thing although I like how using The Gray and Black Steel-IT on ever thing worked out I think I’ll go with powder coating this time. Or a flashy Powder on the frame and Steel-IT on the small miscellaneous pieces?

Sure there are other things but those are the first that come to mind .

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Amazon, but only reason my frame number is available is it’s the same number as the Hemi.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I won’t be tearing up the 2009 at the top of this thread.

I sent messages to all six of these plus one that ZoomZoom found for me.

Today my wife and I drove 3 hours up to Tampa to look at the Yellow 2007 above.

It turned that it was being sold by a dealer so I was not to optimistic that I would be able to get him down much from the $3,900 but Lady Luck was on my side and got him down to an out the door cash everything in my wallet cash price of $3,156.95 :D Which based on the numbers below I got him down $1,429.05 Guess I’m a better negotiator than I thought.

Here she is sitting in my driveway at home.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Here are a bunch of photos I took once the sun came up.

Again almost to nice to chop up but it will be, no ifs, ands, or buts! This little Yellow Bumble Bee Transformer will be transformed in to my DF Goblin 2.0

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ashame that Cobalt will be dismantled, it's in excellent condition - at least from outside appearances. But it will evolve into something higher up on the automotive evolutionary ladder. ;):cool:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Yes, I still can not believe the deal I got on it and how well and strong it ran on the 3 hr. ride home.

It will be interesting to see what I can sell the parts I don’t need?

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Are there any inexpensive specialty tools that you would recommend for body component removal?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Are there any inexpensive specialty tools that you would recommend for body component removal?
All the removable parts came off with standard tools for me.

IIRC your first donor was wrecked, but didn't you have to remove the body components from that one? What did you have trouble removing or need special tools for?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I didn’t even consider that a tool could be used I just used a sledgehammer to remove everything from the first donor :p This time I don’t want to damage the body panels.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I didn’t even consider that a tool could be used I just used a sledgehammer to remove everything from the first donor :p This time I don’t want to damage the body panels.
Lol, I think it will be easier using a wrench this time since it's not wrecked. The only thing I had trouble removing was the first door as I tried removing it before unplugging the harness - it wasn't easy to unplug it while holding the freed door by myself.

Actually, the other pain is the one small bolt in the rear fender well holding the rear bumper on. Nothing special tool-wise, just kind of a pita to get at.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Here is a short video of the new donor.

It has the exhaust that an 18 year old would like, not my cup of tea.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Here is a short video of the new donor.

It has the exhaust that an 18 year old would like, not my cup of tea.

seems tame compared to the 3” straight pipe my donor came with haha. Atleast with a southern car you won’t have to deal with too much rust

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Would I be able to squeeze a pair of these, the LG1 Wide, which are 1.5” wider at all locations Into the extended frame Goblin?