Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you're running an F35 trans and a stock LSJ thermostat housing, the oil cooler (5 and 6) should have matching coolant inlet and outlet barbs facing forwards on the thermostat housing. I don't think you captured them in any of your pics. Stock LSJ hoses make these connections a breeze, easier than any other Ecotec oil cooler plumbing.

7 goes straight to 8.

Forwards and reverse flow lines don't matter in the lines in the tunnel.

On the HX loop, my preference is:
3 to 4
1 to 9
10 to 2
I prefer to have cooled fluid going through the pump and the heat gain exchanger (intercooler) right after the pump.

Ross

Goblin Guru
#7 goes to #8
Intercooler plumbing is here.
The oil heat exchanger (#5 & #6) goes to the back of the thermostat (red arrows)

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So this seems odd, I have three separate rolls, with one I’m sure is for fuel tank vent. There should also be one that runs from brake booster back thru the tunnel to vacuum port on engine but none of them are long enough?

Thoughts?

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Idk how they were supposed to go and was impatient, so I bought a 25' length off of Amazon from the brake booster to the engine and left the excess coiled up at the back until the engine is installed. This is enough to do a couple cars. I kept everything from the kit though.

Its been a minute since Ive been out there, but on my SS/TC iirc it was
Booster to engine
Tank to vent
Brake relocation to master cylinder

I think.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
No, mine is just pressed onto the barb and hasn’t leaked (yet). I had to take one off at the building stage and couldn’t pull it off, I had to slice the nylon tube.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Will this be some sort of an issue, I hear what the video says but if I put mine in the first hole this small bolt interferes with the frame.

Ross

Goblin Guru
That bolt has plenty of clearance on my frame. It never attacked the fresh white paint. (Sic)
I used the correct bolt holes for the LSJ side mount, but yes, it attacks the frame. After I tighten all the subframe and engine mounting bolts, there should be about 2mm of space. At least I can touch up the paint. I should have put a protective tin can over the frame.
Loosen all the engine mounting bolts, lift up the engine a bit, and then try the correct mounting holes for the engine.

Last edited: