Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
It might be possible depending on how you angle the seats and how you have them mounted (seat bracket or custom bars). I’m running the same seats as @CaptFrank2001 which are Braum Elite-R racing seats. The ones you mentioned are only .5” wider in the base and waist, but thinner in the shoulders. I’d suggest looking at the seat pictures he posted in his build log and judge for yourself. It might make the e-brake difficult/impossible to use.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Good point regarding the E-Brake, I suspect it would be an issue.

Oh well you know what they say "Back to the Drawing Board" (or is it just us old guys that say that?)

As "r3drckt" said, I do have the Braum seats. I also have the E-brake mounted and have NO issues. If the seats you are looking at are just 1/2" wider I think there would be room but It would be a bit tighter than my setup. Check out my build log there are plenty of pictures of the seats and the E-brake install. Good luck !!!

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So I’m sure you may have heard the old saying that you should not put the purchase of the cart in front of the horse well I maybe doing just that with the purchase of these parts but I don’t I don’t want to risk them not be available when the time comes so I went ahead and ordered them now.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So I’m sure you may have heard the old saying that you should not put the purchase of the cart in front of the horse well I maybe doing just that with the purchase of these parts but I don’t I don’t want to risk them not be available when the time comes so I went ahead and ordered them now.

We've all done that, some of us bought a whole RV - not just a cart - before paying for the horse! :p

AMCAMX1969

Is that the same wing you used on your first Goblin?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
No, but seems to have the same spacing between mounting points, and case in point the one I ordered before is no longer available.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
While at today’s Car’s & Coffee there was someone that was telling me I need to look into getting a device called “Auto-Blip” when I build Goblin 2.0

Following is from their web page “
AUTO-BLiP automatically blips (opens) the throttle when downshifting gears on an automobile equipped with a manual transmission and an electronic accelerator pedal system. This allows the driver to focus 100% on braking while simultaneusly downshifting gears.
AUTO-BLiP reduces mechanical wear and tear on manual transmissions and improves vehicle stability when downshifting gears.
Simply put, better brake control combined with optimum engine drive equals faster laptimes!”

Have you heard of this device? What do you think?

https://www.auto-blip.com/

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It's a substitute for proper heel and toe shifting techniques. Since the Cobalt pedals are so far out of alignment and are not conducive to heel and toe spacing, this device could be useful on those autocross days! ;)

Trail_Creeper

How's that wing look in person?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
The first one I bought could fool someone, this second one not so much, the carbon look is more like painted on, but at $139 that would be expected.

PaulPerger

While at today’s Car’s & Coffee there was someone that was telling me I need to look into getting a device called “Auto-Blip” when I build Goblin 2.0

Following is from their web page “
AUTO-BLiP automatically blips (opens) the throttle when downshifting gears on an automobile equipped with a manual transmission and an electronic accelerator pedal system. This allows the driver to focus 100% on braking while simultaneusly downshifting gears.
AUTO-BLiP reduces mechanical wear and tear on manual transmissions and improves vehicle stability when downshifting gears.
Simply put, better brake control combined with optimum engine drive equals faster laptimes!”

Have you heard of this device? What do you think?

https://www.auto-blip.com/

My tuner did this in the race tune for my Abarth 500. He also tuned launch control and Wide Open Throttle Shifting.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So just sent Kimberly an email to put me at the end of the current line to get the frame welded up,

So let’s get this party started :)