Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

Brett

you can see a little more of it in the new VW project blog
I believe they has some space up in Mountain View.

Guess the additional space means they can use big tables for wiring harnesses.

Lonny has a small room at his house he was doing them in so this is a huge upgrade. Guess that room at his house was around 10x10.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So, there is a saying "S#ck it up buttercup." or "Sh#t or get off the toilet" Well that's what I need to do to1 get this build going regardless of how hot and humid it is here in SWFL.

So, without any further ado, the houses have been pulled. A word of advice don't use standard nylon zip ties. As with Goblin 1.0 they snapped as soon as they were pulled through the end of the frame, and I had to start over but the 2nd time I used heavy 100lb zip ties, that worked with no issues.

Clik this link for the ones I purchased: 100lb Zip Ties

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Just seems odd, Does this driver’s side look correct seems like on the other side there is a lot more space from the end where the tie rod screw into?

Last edited:

Sebnuts

Mine was like that too, and I thought it was a bit strange.
It also made it hard to get a wrench on the tie rod to tighten it up. I ended up doing a lot of grinding on a cheap adjustable wrench to make it fit.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I was sure it was as designed, just not be able to see inside to understand the internals it seemed odd.

It being a tube maybe the rack goes in the housing only from one side? Feel free to destroy one and find out. I'm curious too but mine are working this way so not inclined to dig further.:cool:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Just now disassembled steering wheel. I always seem to have a hard time popping Air Bag out so this time I drilled the opening a little larger so I could use a larger size hex driver in to pop the clips.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Just now disassembled steering wheel. I always seem to have a hard time popping Air Bag out
I found it easiest to shine a light through the hole you're supposed to put the tool through and then go through the back of the wheel. Worked for me this last time, quite well.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Although the mounting holes for steering rack were spot on, as I had to do with Goblin 1.0 I had to enlarge the clearance hole that Steering Shaft goes through. I would say between 7 & 11 O’clock? would have been cleaner if had done that before mounting the panel.

And the lower shaft can only go on one way because the bolt needs to go thru the clearance radius on the shaft.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Although the mounting holes for steering rack were spot on, as I had to do with Goblin 1.0 I had to enlarge the clearance hole that Steering Shaft goes through. I would say between 7 & 11 O’clock? would have been cleaner if had done that before mounting the panel.

And the lower shaft can only go on one way because the bolt needs to go thru the clearance radius on the shaft.

I noticed that on mine as well. Something I too will have to do.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
How nice is this going to make working on the Goblin going forward.

Little extra height than jack stands.

When it comes time it will be nice to roll engine underneath and lower the frame on to it :)

Last edited:

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
How nice is this going to make working on the Goblin going forward.
Little extra height than jack stands.
What's a good price on these? I've been thinking about getting some for a while now, but not sure what the 'buy price' is on these.