Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Dre

Yesterday i finished installing new inner tire rods in my rack and pinion, i finished painting it, and installed it on the car. I also put new gasket on the oil pan

Attachments

Dre

I think i might be feeling stupid right now... what are the supplied inner tie rod ends for?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
If I remember correctly, the original front tie rods are moved to the rear and used on the toe link. The supplied tie rods should replace the front ones. One set is longer and one is shorter. I don't remember exactly whether it's the short ones that go up front or in the back.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The inner tie rods go on the new toe link bar with the original outer rod ends. The new shorter outer rod ends go on the steering rack.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
15343457497451204359730.jpg

DF supplied inner the rod, rubber boot, toe link rack that replaced your steering rack.

RichRich

If I remember correctly, the original front tie rods are moved to the rear and used on the toe link. The supplied tie rods should replace the front ones. One set is longer and one is shorter. I don't remember exactly whether it's the short ones that go up front or in the back.
Correct, and shorter rod ends go in front, longer in the rear

Dre

Thanks Lonny!... Stupid me. Story time! I bought 2 new inner tierods for my rack and pinion because the bolts would not come off for the outer tierods. I wanted to compare those with the ones that came in the kit. I forgot and when istalling the new ones on to my rack and pinion I noticed one had a matte finish while the other had a gloss. I thought I got two different ones from the store. So I took the gloss one back to the store saying that its incorrect and bought another one that was matte. Then I post a question on here to realize that I returned the innter tierod that came with the kit. I called and told the store I returned the incorrect one and to see if they still have it and they do.

CncMan333

I am at this step as well and having the same issues. I really did not want to cut the plastic and make it any weaker.

Reactions: Dre

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
With the pedal assembly bolted up you need to push away on the top an pull on the bottom to position the pedal far enough away from the steering shaft that it does not hit the ujoint when fully depressed.

You will also need to remove some of the brake switch pad to clear the steering shaft.

Dre

The remainder of my powdercoated posts came in...
Work completed today: Painted donor suspension, installed upper control arms, painted cv axles, assembled kit suspension (i had to grind down one of my snap ring pliers to fit the little holes), soldered the connector to the positive battery wire.

Attachments