Drive axle clip

Ross

Goblin Guru
That is from someone spinning one tire for a long time. Doing a burn out with only one tire spinning causes the spider gears to over spin.

Normally the axle only turns enough in relation to the ring gear carrier to allow the tires to go through a turn without scrubbing.

When doing a one wheel peel out, one axle is stationary and the other axle is turning twice the rpm of the ring gear carrier.

It is not made to do this for extended periods of time.
Since both sides of the differential had metal transfer, it might be running the differential with low oil, or poor oil. Not sure of the history on my donor car. The Goblin seemed to spin both tires, even though it had an open differential. I am really digging the new Quaife differential. Makes the street tires feel like the drag radials, and much more controllable rear steer.

barichuk

I went to my local junk yard and got the connectors for the transmission coolant lines and paid $2 (!) for it. I did fabricate a loop,and when I cranked the engine there were NO leaks! I topped off the trans fluid (first), and now I will be chasing down why the engine doesn't start - another thread in another place. Thanks, y'all, for the advice.

Attachments