Driving Distance

pdrury3

I am currently just a forum reader and non Goblin owner. I have seen 1 and have been reading allot on here. If I ever pull the trigger at least I am less than an hour from the facility. My curiosity question is how far have some of you traveled in a Goblin. I know it is not comfy like a car and I currently travel on motorcycles (Goldwing and a 1000 sport bike.) Just trying to get a feel for how it is with responses. Thanks for your time. And I really enjoyed all the owners pics that have been posted. Some really beautiful machines that have been created.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I am currently just a forum reader and non Goblin owner. I have seen 1 and have been reading allot on here. If I ever pull the trigger at least I am less than an hour from the facility. My curiosity question is how far have some of you traveled in a Goblin. I know it is not comfy like a car and I currently travel on motorcycles (Goldwing and a 1000 sport bike.) Just trying to get a feel for how it is with responses. Thanks for your time. And I really enjoyed all the owners pics that have been posted. Some really beautiful machines that have been created.
If you ride on two wheels now, the Goblin is similar but on four.
we can retain cruise control.
about two hours furthest for me.
your seat choice will affect your comfort.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The furtherest I've gone in mine is about an hour away from me. But the day I did that, I spent almost the entire day driving with a buddy of mine along, and we went through almost two tanks of gas. I'd say we put somewhere between 250 and 300 miles on it in one afternoon. I was completely comfortable the entire time, but of course, your seats play a big role in how comfortable you will be.

I don't think I will be driving it across the country for a Goblin gathering; I'm not that adventurous... but it's comfortable enough in my opinion to do a day trip, easy.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The more I get use to driving the goblin, the easier it gets, just like riding a motorcycle. You can’t finish the car, jump in and go for a 200 mile cruise. There’s a bunch of setting to get right for how you like and just getting use to driving it, takes time.

The seats are a big factor in comfort, but alignment, tire pressure and suspension settings are critical too. Once you get everything dialed in, it’s good to go for any reasonable trip you want to make. Weather is still an issue, because like a motorcycle it and you are in the elements. The biggest difference is, a lot of components are not waterproof. A lot of guys have run through plenty of rain and storms, but it has been known to damage electrical components. Once you get around this, the sky is the limit.

Dsteinhorst

My wife and I did a weekend trip including an autocross at Road America's gocart track. Probably a 400 mile weekend. I never hesitate to take it anywhere. I still have stock G5 seats, so that helps. Keeping cruise control is a must.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I added seat heaters to my stock Recaro seats, so I am comfortable for more days in the year. The stock seats are great for daily driving and comfortable for multi-day drives... but at 45 pounds each, they are heavy for racing days. The goblin is more comfortable than my motorcycle for long drives, and weather is my only concern.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Your Goldwing will be way more comfortable.

Furthest I've gone without stopping and getting out was 165 miles, but the entire day was about 10 hours and 425 miles total with stops, food, etc.

I didn't build my goblin to be a highway cruiser, its main purpose is to find the twistiest roads and pull some G's through them.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
A friend and I tag teamed a drive from Kansas city to Dallas (To DF) and back in the same day, Boy was that an adventure! Goblin was solid, Could not feel my butt for a few hours after we got back home though LOL.

Was about 7h each way.

Nuker-

pdrury3

A friend and I tag teamed a drive from Kansas city to Dallas (To DF) and back in the same day, Boy was that an adventure! Goblin was solid, Could not feel my butt for a few hours after we got back home though LOL.

Was about 7h each way.

Nuker-
That's Awesome