Duel gauge mount

95Blitz

It's looking like the hold down for the AEM Doesn't go all the way down to the base of the gauge. Not a problem I'll just design a new hold down setup. I'm looking at sealing the back and plugging the holes on the top..

Attachments

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Looks like you have a way to go to get this to fully seat. I tried to balance a good fit with being able to reasonably assemble, especially with a print that's less than perfectly printed, but elephants foot will kill the assembly of these parts.

I can post the STLs of the hole plugs as I just sliced them out of the body, then you don't have to worry about matching curves. Would still require glue probably as I'm not sure the curved surface would take threads well. As for covering the backside, that's up to you, but you'd have to figure out how to get the wires through the cover. For what it's worth the access holes on the top are completely invisible under the hood, and I drove through some heavy rain and not having the backside covered did not lead to the gauges getting too wet or anything.

95Blitz

Even with it bottomed out it was half an inch or so above the studs and my studs are closer together than the printed part. We must have different AEM gauges or they change the design of the gauge. But i'm working on my own hold down setup and will post pictures when I get home tonight of the progress. No man i really like the body the way you designed it. Fit and form is prefect.
The first picture you posted on this was a different design was it just a flat plate with a L for the mounting?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Even with it bottomed out it was half an inch or so above the studs and my studs are closer together than the printed part. We must have different AEM gauges or they change the design of the gauge.
I had someone print Chad's design for me and had the same issue. We both have AEM gauges but they are different bolt patterns. Having a different width helped me, as I just attached a piece of aluminum stock over the gauge bolts and drilled holes to bolt that to the mounts in the part. Worked just fine.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The first picture you posted on this was a different design was it just a flat plate with a L for the mounting?
I've used this gauge mount insert design on every iteration, I've just been moving the ambient light sensor mounting point around.

RITDR

I just finished up a design I’ve been working on. It will fit two 52mm gauges and the ambient light sensor. I wanted the gauges to be close to parallel with the hood line.
I have a cap/clamp designed that goes over the back of the OEM boost gauge to allow it to be used, along with a spacer that places the face at the same offset from the mount as the AEM gauge I’m using.

I’ll work on getting .stl files to Mayor West to add to his thread with other printable files if anyone wants to print their own set.

Attachments

RITDR

RITDR this design is awesome, but I wish I would have noticed your hood prop brackets! Does not fit without them.
You know, I never even thought about those being there and raising the hood up! I’m just used to having them.
How close is it to fitting? Maybe I can adjust the design so it will work for the lower hoods. I would have to shift things around to the left to allow me to lower the gauges, but should be able to get it to work. Help me get the dimensions worked out and I’ll send you an .stl file to print and try out.

Last edited: