Duel gauge mount

MR.812

Is anyone selling a duel gauge mount? I am wanting to mount an A/F and a boost on the column.
Thanks

Rauq

Goblin Guru
What A/F gauge do you have? If it's an Innovate my design would probably fit it no problem. I have since redesigned (but not reprinted) to put the ambient light sensor to the right of the A/F gauge as its current location makes it a little challenging to get the left hood mount bolt tightened. The picture is of my current model and the 3d model is the redesign that I will print and test soon.

The two holes in the bottom are for the steering column mount bolts. I want to say they were 3/8" thread but I don't remember the length aside from my replacements being 1/4" longer. The body is printed with solid 1/4" thick material at the bottom of the mounting points so I was comfortable cranking down with the mount bolts. They haven't backed out at all and they're still solid and tight. There's clearance around the mount points that fits my 3/8" socket and thru holes at the top that allow an extension from my ratchet to reach the socket.

The design is 3 pieces. There's the main body and two inserts for the gauge mounts. They're dimensioned for the stock boost gauge and the AEM A/F gauge. They allow for clocking of the gauges and (fairly) easy replacement of the gauges if they have different mounting depths or stud locations.

I'm not comfortable sending you one without having tested it first, but I'll be testing this soon. If you have a different A/F gauge, I can either post native files, or you could probably snag a few measurements and I can adjust the insert pieces to fit your gauges. We can round up the cost of shipping to the nearest $5 or whatever works for you.

Last edited:

MR.812

I do have the AEM gauge. That looks perfect and is exactly what I was looking for. Once you test it out let me know. I would like one.
Andy

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
What A/F gauge do you have? If it's an AEM my design would probably fit it no problem. I have since redesigned (but not reprinted) to put the ambient light sensor to the right of the A/F gauge as its current location makes it a little challenging to get the left hood mount bolt tightened. The picture is of my current model and the 3d model is the redesign that I will print and test soon.

The two holes in the bottom are for the steering column mount bolts. I want to say they were 3/8" thread but I don't remember the length aside from my replacements being 1/4" longer. The body is printed with solid 1/4" thick material at the bottom of the mounting points so I was comfortable cranking down with the mount bolts. They haven't backed out at all and they're still solid and tight. There's clearance around the mount points that fits my 3/8" socket and thru holes at the top that allow an extension from my ratchet to reach the socket.

The design is 3 pieces. There's the main body and two inserts for the gauge mounts. They're dimensioned for the stock boost gauge and the AEM A/F gauge. They allow for clocking of the gauges and (fairly) easy replacement of the gauges if they have different mounting depths or stud locations.

I'm not comfortable sending you one without having tested it first, but I'll be testing this soon. If you have a different A/F gauge, I can either post native files, or you could probably snag a few measurements and I can adjust the insert pieces to fit your gauges. We can round up the cost of shipping to the nearest $5 or whatever works for you.

View attachment 30001
View attachment 30002
View attachment 30003
thank you for designing this!

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I do have the AEM gauge. That looks perfect and is exactly what I was looking for. Once you test it out let me know. I would like one.
Andy
I am in the same boat and have no problem paying for shipping and consumables if that is something you are willing to do.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
My PETG is currently in the filament dryer. I am going to print a set of headlight mounts for another fellow and then I'll print up a gauge pod for myself for testing and we'll go from there.

jayrolls

My PETG is currently in the filament dryer. I am going to print a set of headlight mounts for another fellow and then I'll print up a gauge pod for myself for testing and we'll go from there.
Heck I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on this.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Working on tweaking for it to be a bit simpler if anyone else wants to print their own and has different gauges. I dimensioned for my Cobalt boost gauge and Innovate wideband, but if you have different gauges it would just require changing the inserts. Will follow back up.

Last edited:

95Blitz

Working on tweaking for it to be a bit simpler if anyone else wants to print their own and has different gauges. I dimensioned for my Cobalt boost gauge and AEM wideband, but if you have different gauges it would just require changing the inserts. Will follow back up.
Any up dates on the duel gauge pod?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Maybe with all the STL requests, this model could just be added to the repository thread for 3D printed parts?

95Blitz

Yup.

I've posted other stuff there before as well.
Thanks the body is on the printer now... will post pictures when done... 3 Failed prints so far. all prints warped<---PETG going to try PLA next...

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Got the body printed it's in glow pla. My AEM gauge has different mounting stud locations, no big deal I'll redesign that.
Keep in mind too the mounting surface for the body is not parallel to the ground so you may need to clock the gauge a bit. The wb insert might still fit but I can't quite picture the clocking directions. But yeah I did intentionally design so you could just replace an insert if you had a different gauge. I can post dimensions of the insert if that would help you redraw.

95Blitz

Keep in mind too the mounting surface for the body is not parallel to the ground so you may need to clock the gauge a bit. The wb insert might still fit but I can't quite picture the clocking directions. But yeah I did intentionally design so you could just replace an insert if you had a different gauge. I can post dimensions of the insert if that would help you redraw.
You did an excellent job on the body.. yeah it will be angled a bit on the car I didn't think about that.