E brake pictures?

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Looking on to my next fabrication, which will be a center console / housing for the shifter.

Can I please get some pictures of finished e-brakes at the approximate angle in which I’ve given in my example?

This will greatly help me with working through some of my dimensions.

Thanks!

7A46AC29-0A1A-44D0-9230-43E630A317A0.jpeg

Ross

Goblin Guru
It is more comfortable for me when driving to have the E brake handle closer to the shifter. There isn't much room to move your arm back toward the engine area.

Ross

Goblin Guru

I didn't run the aluminum tubes along the frame, in order to reduce the number of corners, and the tightness of the radius.
Also like that Chevy left me a notch in the oil pan, as if it was made for brake cables to go there.

At 20:20 in this video, I put the E brake handle on. That was before I straightened the aluminum tubes, so the E brake handle was too close to the engine.

Last edited:

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’d really like to squeeze a single cupholder in between the shifter and e-brake, but its gonna be a tight fit...

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Yeah, it's tight down there for sure. My original intention was to cut a hole in my tunnel cover somewhere in that area for a round dual-port USB connection for phone charging, but I bailed on that after seeing how little space there actually is, in that area. My thought was to then go in front of the shifter, but it's not greatly convenient to reach all the way up there for phone plugging. I think I will instead use the dash panel I got from @k.rollin for that purpose.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I’d really like to squeeze a single cupholder in between the shifter and e-brake, but its gonna be a tight fit...
I use to (when I used the Cobalt shifter) put a drink in there without a cupholder. The seats and shifter held it up.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Yeah, it's tight down there for sure. My original intention was to cut a hole in my tunnel cover somewhere in that area for a round dual-port USB connection for phone charging, but I bailed on that after seeing how little space there actually is, in that area. My thought was to then go in front of the shifter, but it's not greatly convenient to reach all the way up there for phone plugging. I think I will instead use the dash panel I got from @k.rollin for that purpose.
The outboard most holes are sized for precisely that purpose

Attachments