E39 Ecu on stock LNF

I have a stock pullout LNF running an e39 ecu. Tune is not working well and the tuner I bought it from is a flake. Anyone who knows about this stuff that can help me out? I have hp tuners. Engine starts and runs but dies. No throttle flap when I turn the key on and no throttle response.

Any help is much appreciated.

So i bought my 09 lnf from a kid that had screwed up a bunch of stuff. One of those things being the tune. On cold start it would start good but run rough after about a minute. I went onto hptuners on there tune repository and found a stock cobalt tune and had to copy it all over to my car and tuned it now it runs and idles great when warmed up. My suggestion would be to do the same so you know where you are starting. After that there are a couple good youtube videos on tuning cobalts as well as a good article on hptuners forum on how to tune the lnf.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The stock ECU for a 2008 LNF is the e69. Some people have tried to put the e39 on a LDK or an e39 on a LHU.
Not sure if you want to put the stock e69 back on your engine... but here is the tune for the stock e69 on a 2008 Cobalt LNF

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru

Your tune file has a few changes from the stock 2008 LNF.

Did they change the MAP sensor & injectors? There is also a 3.33X multiplier on the speedometer, and higher speed limiters.

Thank you guys for your help, as an ignorant noob, I really appreciate it. I have stock 2008 sky redline maf map and tmap. Oversize intercooler and straight pipe

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have a stock pullout LNF running an e39 ecu. Tune is not working well and the tuner I bought it from is a flake. Anyone who knows about this stuff that can help me out? I have hp tuners. Engine starts and runs but dies. No throttle flap when I turn the key on and no throttle response.

Any help is much appreciated.
My LSJ will move the throttle body motor when I turn on the key. I think the LNF is the same... can someone confirm?
This is probably your issue. Did you thin your wiring harness?

Smittyjr57, What is your donor car?
You may want to follow a link in my signature line, to make your own signature line, so we don't have to ask "What is your donor"?

Donor is a 2008 sky redline manual.

The harness is custom to mate the lnf to the e39. I have a stock 2007 redline and the throttle does flap.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Do you know what the e39 was from? 201X Buick Regal?
Looking on the HP Tuners repository, the stock tune files look the same as the Cobalt LNF as they do for the Regal LHU.
The e39 can handle flex fuel. This article says the two tunes should be way different, but that was back in 2011, so it might be wrong.

I don't know if a Buick Regal will flap the throttle, but I think this is a good direction to start researching. GM high speed LAN issue? Can you pull the codes from the OBDII port? That is a pretty good test to see if the LAN is working.