Ecotec 2.0 turbo engine question

RouteAbel

Can anyone tell me what the red circled threaded hole is for? The ones to the left and right are where the knock sensors attach but I can't figure out what if anything goes into the middle hole.

Thank you.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I’m confused. The circled plug is an oil galley plug. It shouldn’t be hole. The ones on either side shouldn’t be a hole either. Those are balance shaft oil pathways.

I don’t have an LnF so I could be wrong....

Ross

Goblin Guru
A hole in the oil galley could be for an oil pressure gauge. The next image RouteAbel posted looks like 3 allen head plugs... I don't see a hole.

RouteAbel

Just inquiring about the one hole between the knock sensors in the second picture. It may be that nothing goes here but it does feel like a threaded hole. I'll try some bolts today to see if I can figure out thread size.

KSLunsfo

I just flipped through some pictures of recently tearing down some parts off my engine (LNF) to clean things up, I don't think I had anything in that hole from what I can tell.

RouteAbel

I just flipped through some pictures of recently tearing down some parts off my engine (LNF) to clean things up, I don't think I had anything in that hole from what I can tell.
Thank you. I kind of don't remember anything there either but I was not smart enough to take any pictures with the manifold off.

KSLunsfo

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive of what I'm showing here for others seeing this. I'm showing the empty bolt hole you can see above the canister. Route was asking if anything was using that hole.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
View attachment 11478

Can anyone tell me what the red circled threaded hole is for? The ones to the left and right are where the knock sensors attach but I can't figure out what if anything goes into the middle hole.

Thank you.
I like your engine, Did you paint the engine. How did you do the valve cover so nice paint it and come back and trim the white up,
If you Did what kind of paint did you use. It looks great. I can’t get my engine clean, It still looks like crap no matter what I use to clean it, Thought I might try sand blasting it next. Thank you.

RouteAbel

Thanks zoom. Yes I walnut blasted and then painted the block. I just used an aluminum colored high heat paint I found at AutoZone.

For the valve cover I did a high heat primer and then several coats of white paint over the lettered area. I then sprayed the metalic burnt orange paint. Then I took a sanding block and carefully sanded the raised lettering back down to the white. Then put a few coats of clear over the whole thing.

I should mention I did the valve cover off the engine. I didn't paint it while attached.

Last edited: