Emergency brake

dastrups

Does anyone know if the emergency brake is the same for all cobalt trim models? I threw out the whole setup like an idiot.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I thought the only SS specific part for the parking brake kit was the cables. That the aluminum guide tubes need to be sourced from an SS donor is news to me. Also problematic since they're discontinued last time I looked.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Are the aluminum tubes included on the new cables? the tubes are basically part of the outer sheath.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Really the parking brake tubes can be formed from metal conduit if you really needed some. They’re purpose is to “guide” the cables from sagging and rubbing on stuff that could brake them or other stuff. DF probably could hand bend those for their SS brake kits if they needed to

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
10-4 Ross. You can order the cables separately from the tubes which i believe are not available. I would have to look up were i was going to get them but I decided to skip putting a Mech parking brake in. Therefore I have the handle, micro switch, and tubes if anybody needs them.

dastrups

Really appreciate all of your help!! I messaged Lechlis to see if I can get the parts but I will let you know, Towerdog if I am missing anything.

dastrups

I think we may need to show you how to look up parts online and check part numbers but for the 3 different year/models I pulled up, they all have the same part#.
You are right about that. I have been getting lazy from all the help I have received here. Super grateful for your help. I need to be less lazy.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It's really more about confirming the info. It's easy for us to read a question in the wrong way, as I did thinking you were asking about the handle vs the entire assembly.

dastrups

It's really more about confirming the info. It's easy for us to read a question in the wrong way, as I did thinking you were asking about the handle vs the entire assembly.
For sure. Super kind of you to help. I have been trying to source that upper transmission mount bracket part but no luck. Messaged the guy on here that has a lot of SS parts that people have pointed me to and he said he will look into it. I probably need to just go to a pick-n-pull.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I spent a couple of minutes looking yesterday while I had the part number, and didn't see anything. DF could likely make you one if you can't source one otherwise. It wouldn't be impossible to home fab something with a few basic dimensions also.