Engine and Transmission

trophy1

A basic supercharger kit will put you right at that power level. Alot of supercharged 2.2Ls make 205-210whp with the stock pulley.
A basic supercharger kit will put you right at that power level. Alot of supercharged 2.2Ls make 205-210whp with the stock pulley.
Where might I found one like that? How can I tell if it has stock pulley? Can a kit be ordered?

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
If you decide to go that route, I may still have the supercharger, intake, and throttle body you'll need with the ZZP kit. I'd even include the rest of the LSJ.

Dsteinhorst

There's at least 4 of us who have supercharged our 2.2 motors codenamed the LAP. When you get to that point, shoot me a message and I can give some details. I'm at 250 WHP with a smaller pulley.
PXL_20220426_213134899.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the transmission too much. It'll last a while and when it goes, another one is cheap and easy to swap out.

trophy1

There's at least 4 of us who have supercharged our 2.2 motors codenamed the LAP. When you get to that point, shoot me a message and I can give some details. I'm at 250 WHP with a smaller pulley.
View attachment 38173

I wouldn't worry about the transmission too much. It'll last a while and when it goes, another one is cheap and easy to swap out.

Thanks I'll keep this in mind when I get to the point of adding it on. Right now I am doing more cosmetic things to it, Adding a front removable roll bar, getting it powder coated, then off to the fiberglass shop for a custom engine cover with a small air scoop, then seats recovered with a marine type material for better protection. Then engine work.

Great group and thanks for the responses.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Thanks I'll keep this in mind when I get to the point of adding it on. Right now I am doing more cosmetic things to it, Adding a front removable roll bar, getting it powder coated, then off to the fiberglass shop for a custom engine cover with a small air scoop, then seats recovered with a marine type material for better protection. Then engine work.

Great group and thanks for the responses.
Please do a build log! I'd be interested in seeing those additions

trophy1

Please do a build log! I'd be interested in seeing those additions
I have a good fiberglass man here and I was thinking of a cover that will go from the roll bar that has the cpu over the top to the other side with a small Indy car type of air intake that will stop at the rear roll bar behind the driver and passenger head. I have a pic that looks close to it, by some modification need to be done. It won't go all the way to the front roll bar it will stop at the rear roll bar.

Attachments

Scott Geyer

I have a good fiberglass man here and I was thinking of a cover that will go from the roll bar that has the cpu over the top to the other side with a small Indy car type of air intake that will stop at the rear roll bar behind the driver and passenger head. I have a pic that looks close to it, by some modification need to be done. It won't go all the way to the front roll bar it will stop at the rear roll bar.
Send out a pic when you get the engine cover finished

Tinkles

Where might I found one like that? How can I tell if it has stock pulley? Can a kit be ordered?
ZZP, Ebay, junkyards, classifieds. Any brand new kit is going to be the same parts that GM used on the Supercharged Cobalt SS's. I think we have a thread somewhere covering supercharger install on a 2.2/2.4 or atleast have the install instructions posted. This is a write-up my buddy made years ago for installing the same supercharger onto a Cavalier or Sunfire. Everything will be the same aside from the throttle body.

If the supercharger has a black pressed on pulley(no bolts), it is the stock pulley. Aftermarket pulleys bolt onto a quick change hub. If you see any bolts on the front of the pulley it is aftermarket.

trophy1

ZZP, Ebay, junkyards, classifieds. Any brand new kit is going to be the same parts that GM used on the Supercharged Cobalt SS's. I think we have a thread somewhere covering supercharger install on a 2.2/2.4 or atleast have the install instructions posted. This is a write-up my buddy made years ago for installing the same supercharger onto a Cavalier or Sunfire. Everything will be the same aside from the throttle body.

If the supercharger has a black pressed on pulley(no bolts), it is the stock pulley. Aftermarket pulleys bolt onto a quick change hub. If you see any bolts on the front of the pulley it is aftermarket.

Thanks for the info! I like have something I can look back on.