Engine cover dimensions

Goblin Graber

Can anyone tell me how tall the engine cover is from the bottom to the top of one of the humps?

I have a wild idea and need to know if I should have Adam throw one on my pallet or make my own.

Goblin Graber

The total is about 7 inches. It has a three-quarter radius on it.
Thank you! Looks like I’ll have to try and make my own for what I want. I haven’t done any fiberglass work since I was 20, but I’m sure it just like riding a bike...one big messy smelly bike.

On a side note let’s see more pics of that hood you cut holes in. That looks like it’ll turn out pretty cool.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Thank you! Looks like I’ll have to try and make my own for what I want. I haven’t done any fiberglass work since I was 20, but I’m sure it just like riding a bike...one big messy smelly bike.

On a side note let’s see more pics of that hood you cut holes in. That looks like it’ll turn out pretty cool.
But it is such a good smell!!

SACTX

There will be more coming on that front soon. We're painting the hood, sides, and engine cover this week. It's supposed to be warm enough this week to make the reducers and activators work correctly.

Goblin Graber

There will be more coming on that front soon. We're painting the hood, sides, and engine cover this week. It's supposed to be warm enough this week to make the reducers and activators work correctly.
Can’t wait to see. Yours reminds me of a 6th gen Camaro hood.
85CE8F1F-E113-480F-A193-9F206069A5B1.jpeg

I haven’t seen many people cut up their $800 hood and I like it. I’m thinking of doing a 5th gen camaro style hood extractor scoop or the one like the C7 vettes.
9AF41012-6CF6-4F35-BFF7-7143C071C3E6.jpeg30F53284-6876-4212-BA45-262E742BB86C.jpeg

Ross

Goblin Guru
The feet get hot in a Goblin, and the cabin has negative air pressure, so the air wraps the windshield.
I always thought that a front hood scoop that pushes air over the front wall to the feet would help with both those issues.

SACTX

I have some vents from Runcool (http://hoodlouvers.com/product-category/side-louvers/) that I'm putting in there. Expensive but the perfect size and very well made. They'll be installed to face backwards

I fabricated a splitter/front floor to seal off the floor area in the front and installed a hood scoop backwards to funnel the intercooler air back. It's 6mm alumalite. The footwell cover is installed and sealed at the front and I have a section of insulation between the hood and the footwell behind these vents. The air entering the radiator will exit the wheel wells or be pushed out of these vents (they're facing backwards) and over my full windshield. I also included floor extensions to help separate the messed up air coming out of the wheel wells from the air under the car and I'll have my sides sitting on the floor extensions.

I don't have any pictures with the vents installed but I've put them on to confirm fitment.

The white is peelcoating.

I'll be updating my buildlog with more details when the body is painted and installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That looks fantastic and you have many of aerodynamics tricks in place for the front and sides of the car. Should be a big improvement to help keep the nose from getting light at speed. :)

SACTX

That looks fantastic and you have many of aerodynamics tricks in place for the front and sides of the car. Should be a big improvement to help keep the nose from getting light at speed. :)
Thank you Sir! I have tried my best to mitigate that because it's very hard to drive this car slow! :p

I have Autocad files on all of this stuff so I will make them available to anyone that wants them when I update my build log. I can also cut them on the CNC for those that are interested.... ;)