Engine will not stay running - Solved

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
And the answer to my question is there another plug like the MAF sensor plug is YES. It goes to the fuel injectors..... This explains why I wasn't getting any information to the MAF, why my wire bundles weren't lining up like they did before and why it was throwing a bunch of fuel. I have not color coded all the various matching plugs with colored tape at the ends to help keep this from happening again......

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I guess the question that begs to be asked is, "Does it start now?" :)
It does! I drove it around the block and everything is back to before the fluid issue that lead to the plugs issue. Since it passed that little test drive, I took it to work which is a 30 minute drive. No issues there as well. I'm glad and embarrassed that it was something so simple. I was worried it was about to get really 'fun'. Live and learn and make the process better for the next time I have to disconnect stuff.

I also updated the original post to include the fix. Hopefully that way someone doesn't have to read all the way through the thread to find the solution.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
So these 2 connectors can be swapped?
Glad you found your issue. I will add this to my list of swappable connectors.
Unfortunately, yes. And then there are the other two black/purple connectors that can be swapped. Mine now have color coding to keep them in order, in case I have to have mine disconnected for anything else.