EPS Wiring

chief404

So I had been following the new harness videos, I'm not sure if I messed up because I never saw the EPS fuse block side connector(fig.1). I tracked down that the RD/BLK wire(fig.3) from the power steering goes to the fuse block connector in the rear(fig.2). I noticed in the wire harness imagine(fig.4) I don't see this connector as part of the harness and on other builds I see people with it still attached.

chief404

Ok so I might have not of messed up so badly; it looks like the grey multiplug only needs two pink wires and not the red/black. So, it looks like I can just cut the red/black at the grey multiplug and solder it to the eps.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If I remember correctly, the red wire in pic1 should go all the way to the eps module up front.

chief404

If I remember correctly, the red wire in pic1 should go all the way to the eps module up front.
Yeah I have figured that out, I guess at some point you strip the red/black wire from the grey multiplug going to somewhere in the front bcm. I ended up soldering that wire to the eps module, so I should be able to just cut it at the plug and solder it the connector back. Do you know if your grey multiplug still has that red/black wire?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Woof. I have slept and drank since then, so I don’t remember exactly, but I think there was a red/black on that grey connector. I think they all were

edit:
405B08C9-1463-4B47-940D-0898B4ED44AD.jpeg
Looking at all my pictures, this should be the connector you are looking for.

chief404

Exactly, I don't know if that red/black wire is kept in the build or not. I assume your supposed to reuse that wire to connect the eps plug in pic 1

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sorry. Just don’t remember. It’s been over a year since I messed with it. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

chief404

B2 red/black wire in the engine fuse block grey/black connector is for ABS. I took this wire and ran it to the power steering plug. In case anyone else has this issue, it was not clear in the videos.