Eric's Goblin #450 (2009 T/C donor)

enjost

Paid the invoice for my first build stage on 11/1 so I'm waiting to hear about when that will be shipped. My donor is a perfectly functional undamaged 09 SS with about 125k on it with the optional LSD and RPD. Currently has a 25psi stock turbo tune from ZZP and full bolt ons with an upgraded aftermarket clutch. I've owned my donor car for almost 3 years now and its been very solid. Pictured here with my friends SRT4.

In October I was in Texas and got to stop by the goblin HQ and see my frame before it was shipped which was fun.

Planning on powder coating my frame a dark grey/black color and wrapping the panels/hood with a more interesting color. This will be a street legal build but with a focus on autocross/track use so I'll have bucket seats eventually with a racing harness setup. Hoping to finish my build and have it be autocross ready by next summer. I've met a couple goblin owners here in WA already which convinced me to finally pull the trigger on the kit. Can't wait to get started!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome. Looks like you have the preliminaries lined up - donor, kit ordered. Hopefully your buddy with the SRT will not be too jealous of you for transforming your Cobalt into a rocketship. :D

enjost

Mostly finished stripping the donor this week. At least enough to get the engine out and the wiring harness out and shipped out to texas for the harness service. Frame is supposed to arrive sometime between Today to Saturday this week and then ill be hauling it straight out for powder coating. Ordered valve cover gasket to replace mine which is seeping and stuff to replace timing and balance chains and water pump while I have the engine out.

Oh hey! I'm pretty sure we met the last time I was at the autox in Monroe. Welcome to the forum!
Yeah I remember! Seeing your goblin made me finally pull the trigger lol.

Welcome. Looks like you have the preliminaries lined up - donor, kit ordered. Hopefully your buddy with the SRT will not be too jealous of you for transforming your Cobalt into a rocketship. :D
He is already jealous and wishes there was a kit for Neons haha.

PXL_20221228_035433629.jpgPXL_20221228_035440570.jpgPXL_20221229_051955834.jpgPXL_20221229_052312305.jpgPXL_20221231_221023620.jpgPXL_20230101_230049428.jpgPXL_20230103_043912376.jpg

enjost

Also ordered the nine lives racing front and rear wing kits during black friday when they had a sale going on.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Doing the timing chain and tensioner, don't forget to replace the stock tension bolt - if it doesn't come with the timing kit. The stock bolt will fail at some point.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Mostly finished stripping the donor this week. At least enough to get the engine out and the wiring harness out and shipped out to texas for the harness service. Frame is supposed to arrive sometime between Today to Saturday this week and then ill be hauling it straight out for powder coating. Ordered valve cover gasket to replace mine which is seeping and stuff to replace timing and balance chains and water pump while I have the engine out.

Yeah I remember! Seeing your goblin made me finally pull the trigger lol.

He is already jealous and wishes there was a kit for Neons haha.

View attachment 37619View attachment 37620View attachment 37621View attachment 37622View attachment 37623View attachment 37624View attachment 37625
Don’t forget your parking brake tubes