Eric's Track Goblin - 06 SS/SC donor

Esstover

Sorry for being a lazy on the update. Car is mostly complete. Having some licensing issues. I’ve been trying to get DF to provide some details on Bumper and Fender kits. Not crazy about adding them but I haven’t decided how I feel about the Montana route.
Ended up with a 3M 2080 Series Shadow Black wrap. My wife and I did the side panels. We attempted the nose but failed. I paid a kid who advertised Vinyl wraps. He got it done but it’s not perfect. I think it will do. I installed some power ports for charging. Still need to invest in a wing but registration has priority.
My wife also crocheted me a little goblin mascot. Will probably come up with a cool place to hang him off the frame. Pics of all below.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That little goblin is the bomb! Any chance she would be interested in making more? If Lonny sees it he will want to get those made by someone and get them in the store - they will be sold out!

And great work on your build, looks fantastic!

Esstover

That little goblin is the bomb! Any chance she would be interested in making more? If Lonny sees it he will want to get those made by someone and get them in the store - they will be sold out!

And great work on your build, looks fantastic!
I could probably convince her to make a few, but I don’t think she’s in to mass production. Once the hobby becomes a job then it’s no fun.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
If you hang it from the rear subframe it lets all the import kids know that you ready to race….

That is pretty nice. Good work to the Missus.

Esstover

Been a big week! I’m officially legal in WV. Took sometime to get through the inspection process but then I got my new title. Then I went with Rally Insurance as recommended on the forum and I got my temporary tags today. Hoping my personalized plates don’t take too long. Sadly it is in the 40’s and calling for rain for the next few days. I still have plenty to do.

pull the bumpers back off and paint. Think I might just rattle can them black for now. Then I need to start working on wing mounts and get a wing ordered.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I see you used the same side mirrors I did ... I really like them, think they look a lot better with the rest of the LED lights.

Esstover

I see you used the same side mirrors I did ... I really like them, think they look a lot better with the rest of the LED lights.
I had the DF mirrors and one of the blinker bulbs went out. There is really no way to get in the mirror to change the bulb. I think the only way would be to heat and remove the thin mirror to then access the screw that holds the ball joint together, then remove 4 screws and pop it in half. I ended up destroying my mirror.

I like having the arrow on the mirror that I can see so I know if the blinker is on. It’s easier to see than what is on the instrument cluster since it’s not right in front of me.

Esstover

Again I haven't been posting much. Have got a few things accomplished over the winter.

Pulled the bumpers off an put a coat of Plasti-Dip on them. I'll likely go back to the powder coater one day and match the frame but this was a quick fix for the season. I also got my uprights designed, cut, then modified, then painted, then installed for my wing. Thank you to @ATMironov for sharing his CAD file. I ended up with a drastically different design but it was a very helpful start. I'll attached some progress photos. I did make a pretty big mistake. On my Winglogic wing I assume the brackets that came with the wing went the opposite direction so that is how a designed my uprights. I was able to get the angle grinder out and make some modifications so they would work. I also fabricated my on X bracing out of some 1/4" round bar and some sheet metal. I'm not a great fabricator but is really stiffened it up. Also had some fun getting the aluminum tabs welded on the wing. I took it to a shop and he did a great job but the wing warped big time (should have seen it coming i guess). The guy was great though and we worked on it heating and applying pressure for a few hours and got it looking good again.

The wife and I finally got to get out and put some miles on it Sunday 3/3. We had a lot of fun. I put it on the interstate for a bit. It runs straight and the wheel is stable but it feels a little sketch when you hit a bump on the interstate at 70mph. I think I need some advice on softening the rear suspension. I also ended up driving it in to work Tuesday because I had a doc appt and the weather was nice by the time I was heading to work. Everything was going well until I got caught in the rain on the way home. All is good except it makes a real mess when you drive in the rain. I'll have to spend a few hours this weekend cleaning it up again.

I ordered a Rearview mirror that came in this week so I look forward to getting that installed over the weekend also. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XW471DY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

My photos are likely out of order but I've attached a few. I think you guys will like the crew we ended up riding with on Sunday. Pretty broad spectrum of vehicles.

Attachments