Escapepilot’s 06 SS/SC Ext Track Build - COMPLETED

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I got a letter today from NC DMV and it said I needed to send the a certain form to a different division but said to call if I had questions. The nice woman looked up my info and said the title was mailed on the 17th and to disregard the letter!

The body and side panels should be ready any day now.

And it may be going on the market soon because I found my next project.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
The nice woman looked up my info and said the title was mailed on the 17th and to disregard the letter!

The body and side panels should be ready any day now.

And it may be going on the market soon because I found my next project.
Well thats good and good! Not so much the sale lol

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
My title arrived today! Merry Christmas to me!

There is a very good chance I’ll be heading to Alabama Monday for another toy, but hope to be home in time to get it registered. The extended forecast is calling for upper 60s New Year’s Eve.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Finally had time and weather to get it out on the street and actually drive it at highway speeds. Need to work on the alignment. Very twitchy and a little bump steer at highway speed. Handling reminds me of a motorcycle on a grooved road. I'm sure the alignment is out since I was doing it alone. Has there even been a consensus on good street alignment specs? I set it to the DF specs but have seen other recommendations. Not sure what is best for a street driven car.

Tires 200 TW, 245/45 17 front, 295/40 18 rear. 20 psi.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I altered the specs a little from Ross's, I went with 1mm toe in front and rear. It made the vehicle feel a lot more stable at cruising speeds. That and a front splitter/wing. The splitter made the biggest difference overall, but a wonky alignment can cause the vehicle to be darty.

Sparvy

Finally had time and weather to get it out on the street and actually drive it at highway speeds. Need to work on the alignment. Very twitchy and a little bump steer at highway speed. Handling reminds me of a motorcycle on a grooved road. I'm sure the alignment is out since I was doing it alone. Has there even been a consensus on good street alignment specs? I set it to the DF specs but have seen other recommendations. Not sure what is best for a street driven car.

Tires 200 TW, 245/45 17 front, 295/40 18 rear. 20 psi.
I've got a square 275 tire setup so a bit different from you. I'm the front I have 0.8 deg of Camber, 1/8" total toe and as much caster as I could get...9 deg. In the rear 0.8 deg Camber and 1/8" toe. The alignment makes a huge difference in these cars as to how they track...especially the front caster and both toe settings. I'm also 8 clicks from soft on the coilovers all the way around.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Spent most of the morning adjusting the alignment and found some things were out pretty significantly. I got the rear camber set to 1 deg and toe at 1/8”. In the front, the caster was way too much so got both sides to 8.6 deg. Camber was way off so got both sides to neg 1.1 deg and toe is at 1/8”. Much better but still have an issue. I have an idea but want the community opinion. If I accelerate even moderately and let off the throttle completely, it wants to dart left. Steering is so sensitive that it is easy to over correct when that happens. It also doesn’t seem to want to center if I turn and release the wheel. Lastly, I’m not sure I have power steering. It doesn’t take much effort even when stopped but I can’t tell a difference even with the key off.

Ideas?

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I haven’t made any further adjustments yet, but took it out after sunset for a Subway run and finally went full throttle in 1st and…
O M G!!..this thing is QUICK.

I can’t imagine those with 300+ horses.