F23 Solid Transmission Mounts

Matt C

When installing the solid transmission mounts, I noticed the supplied bolts were too big in diameter to mount the rear solid mount. Thankfully my original bolts worked. When looking at the front mount, the supplied bolts are way too short. I thought maybe I got the wrong baggie (it does say it’s for an SS, which I don’t have). But the same hardware is shown in the picture of the kit in DF’s online store. Anyone ever installed the solid mounts on the F23? How did you end up mounting the front mount?

Attachments

Rauq

Goblin Guru
In my opinion, it looks like there's a chance you got the wrong hardware baggie. I have an F35 (SS) trans currently installed but am swapping to an F23, so I have the mounts and hardware for both. When I get home tonight I will compare hardware sets and let you know if I can confirm or clarify.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The small stuff - fasteners, gaskets, and such - are a not so small portion of the cost to build a Goblin that is not a straight up bolt together (making wanted/needed mods or upgrades) for thr DF Kit ordered. :D

Lndshrk Steve

I actually enjoy the fabricating/customizing part. I was just hoping to get some progress today but tomorrow is another day.