Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

Fenix Nexen

If anyone is interested in the color names / codes here they are. Radar blue is really close 3rd option. However I feel like the lighter blue is closer to my character colors as seen in my pfp.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
All of those look great. Illusion blue would be my pick out of the mix. I'd probably pick in the order (top to bottom) that you have them shown, but that's just my personal preference. Which ever hits you right is the right color!

I wanted a cobalt blue color (the hue, not from the car colors) or a blue/purple color (similar to Super Sonic Blue Purple from an Integra) for our kit, but my son was insistent on red..... It turned out great in the end but if (when) I build another one it'll be a blue color.

KSLunsfo

Those are cool colors!

Just curious, what do you mean by "body"? Are you referring to the side panels and hood? Unless there's some kind of alternate process to traditional powder coating used, you won't be able to powder coat the fiberglass hood, or anything non-conductive for that matter.

KSLunsfo

Those are cool colors!

Just curious, what do you mean by "body"? Are you referring to the side panels and hood? Unless there's some kind of alternate process to traditional powder coating used, you won't be able to powder coat the fiberglass hood, or anything non-conductive for that matter.

Fenix Nexen

Smol update. Received and paid for the invoice and noticed the bill to was indeed made out to my LLC :D. Now to wait for transport. In the meantime I have to get the AC lines of the donor evacuated. I read that a rack limiter is useful so I nabbed it, but I am sure there are other stage 1 stuff I could use that I didn`t get. Will find out when I start building, not worried.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
You know you are getting old when you need to google what SMOL means?

"The word smol is a variant on the word small. It describes someone or something that is small, tiny, and adorable."

And it looks like someone is already set to get plates from Montana. ;) (smart man)

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So you filed for your LLC before applying for plates? Is the rest of the process for plates still the same? How much time is saved doing this?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
So you filed for your LLC before applying for plates? Is the rest of the process for plates still the same? How much time is saved doing this?
It only took like 2 days for the Montana agent to create my LLC and have me prepped to register the car. The registration took almost 40 days, but that wasn't the question. :)

Ross

Goblin Guru
The LLC goes first, orders and buys the car.
If you order a car and then sell it to the LLC, that can cause taxation.
After the LLC gets the car, it can get it plated, insured, and let you drive it.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The LLC goes first, orders and buys the car.
If you order a car and then sell it to the LLC, that can cause taxation.
After the LLC gets the car, it can get it plated, insured, and let you drive it.
I guess that's possible, but most people sell their car to their LLC for $0...

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Depends on the location. Some places Calculate tax on things other than the sell value.
There is no tax in Montana, which is why many people registering conventional vehicles go that route. There is a fee they charge on expensive vehicles like supercars and mobile homes, but even the most expensive Goblin builds won't approach that limit.

Goblinfanclub1234

my advice is to start the Montana process and ask Adam for an MCO before you are finished with the car, then by the time you are done you can get it inspected locally and get your plates fast. For example in Colorado vin inspections are booked out 3-4 months (its a total s show here). I wasted an entire summer with the car finished because the government clowns here. Then I just hauled the car up to Cheyenne Wyoming and got it inspected the same day ;)

Fenix Nexen

my advice is to start the Montana process and ask Adam for an MCO before you are finished with the car, then by the time you are done you can get it inspected locally and get your plates fast. For example in Colorado vin inspections are booked out 3-4 months (its a total s show here). I wasted an entire summer with the car finished because the government clowns here. Then I just hauled the car up to Cheyenne Wyoming and got it inspected the same day ;)
for me i have a cousin that is a state trooper that said he will do the vin inspection