Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well X1 15 does go thru the coil in the run/crank relay, then to ground. So there is a direct path to ground.
Remove that relay, and it shouldn't go to ground.

Fenix Nexen

Well X1 15 does go thru the coil in the run/crank relay, then to ground. So there is a direct path to ground.
Remove that relay, and it shouldn't go to ground.
sorry forgot to mention both ends are unplugged during this test

Fenix Nexen

Find the pins they connect to and check continuity.
Confirmed to
1. Data link connector (obii) at pin 1

2. Cluster at pin 9

3. Theft deterrent at pin 4

4. BCM X2 Connector at pin 38

5. White keyfob box (TPMS? Cant find the diagram on alldata)

Ross

Goblin Guru
sorry forgot to mention both ends are unplugged during this test
Both ends of the wire are unplugged, and you are getting continuity to ground?
That is a big issue.
If you disconnected the wires at the red lines (unplugged them) then that wire should not be connected to ground.

Last edited:

Fenix Nexen

Going to take out the harness completely, throw it on the healing bench, unwrap it and look over bar-air's notes... Will be using something besides electrical tape next time I wrap it

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
On the photos of green wires, is #4 Theft Deterrent supposed to be connected to the bundle of green wires that get soldered together? I don’t think it was.

Fenix Nexen

It was 1 ground wire I mentioned above stopping it. Runs consistently. Fuel gauge works, cluster works. Ran it for a while and purged the air out of the lines. Victory.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Going to take out the harness completely, throw it on the healing bench, unwrap it and look over bar-air's notes... Will be using something besides electrical tape next time I wrap it
WOW! GOOD JOB! (first response now useful but not timely:)) "The Healing Bench"! Bravo for that attitude! It's hard to be calm when facing that bundle of wiring that looks like an octopus orgy gone wrong! But It Does All Make Sense, ya just got to break it down into circuits. Patience is key. Cheers and Best of Luck! You will whip this thing!

Last edited: