few extra wires after going through the wiring videos!? anyone have any ideas.

Peregrinus

Hey guys, i kinda got my harness temp wrapped, im going to rewrap it better after i figure out these few wires for sure.

i followed the videos as well as i could, a few connectors were a little different. and i somehow lost a brake plug? i had no wires, OR a plug in my entire pile i cut that fit the spot, so i have no idea where it went. i might need to have someone cut me one off a junk car and wire it in if it was a plug that was actually there before i cannot remember for the life of me what it looked like or where it may have gone.

i attached a pic of the brake connectors, and am pointing to the plug i never found.

anyway, i know the blue wire is the abs brake wire, which i can snip.

the shorter grey wire alone in the one pic goes one end to the gauge cluster plug, and other end ran to a black plug with a red clip on it, no sure what was suppose to go to this? every wire i had a label for was connected. was this suppose to be thinned and i missed it?

the thicker red wire with white strip went to a large plug that had multiple wires on it that in the videos was mentioned as dash button wires, but i had no where to connect them to at the end, i had no extra wires and no mention later in the videos about the 3 wires i had left on the plug.

there is an orange with black stripe from one of the bcm blue cap plugs, i assumed this was a wire i needed to thin and missed? didn't want to cut it until i was sure.

there was also one spare brown wire which i believe went to the second bcm blue cap plug, wasn't labeled, or knotted while i went thru the videos? also no idea on this.

then i have 2 extra red or pink wires i forget without going and looking, i THINK i left them in as power for extra stuff. but cant remember, i wish i had labeled them lol. both of those go to the grey bcm multiplug.

everything else in the harness as far as i know worked out exactly like the videos showed and i had no issues besides a few things being slightly shorter or slightly longer than the harness in the videos.

thanks for any help, if u need me to cut and trace wires to be 100% sure i can probably find their exact pin locations if its required to know for sure.

i just left them out and long where they came out of the harness as i was taping so i didnt lose them or tape them off accidently and end up needing them.

Attachments

Murcielago311

On my 06 SS, that larger brake plug was unused. 2 brake connectors, 2 clutch, and the large accelerator connector.

Peregrinus

Looks like the tan wire is likely a door actuator wire? So I can prob tape that off and my extra pink and red wires are just run/crank or straight power wires I can use for aux stuff and the orange/black was trump lamp, so I can remove that, and the blue abs brake wire isn't needed for anything correct and can be snipped for sure?

Super happy it's all safe then, I'll give those aux power wires some grounds and leave them long for future use and snip the rest or just tape them off! I'll wait a bit in case someone sees something I shouldn't do. Thanks so much!

baustin

On my 06 SS, that larger brake plug was unused. 2 brake connectors, 2 clutch, and the large accelerator connector.
I don't recall if the larger one is the cruise circuit or if its brake lights, I'll assume it's cruise since you removed it. Did you do something else for your cruise control? I kept mine stock for the brake sensors so cruise cuts off when I brake. I might be thinking of something else though.

Peregrinus

I don't recall if the larger one is the cruise circuit or if its brake lights, I'll assume it's cruise since you removed it. Did you do something else for your cruise control? I kept mine stock for the brake sensors so cruise cuts off when I brake. I might be thinking of something else though.
That would make sense, my donor car didn't have cruise as far as I know