FINISHED GOBLIN for SALE

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,

Kind of a re-post from “Goblin on YouTube” people asking price and condition of my Goblin that is for sale.

Let’s start this off with price is always dictated on availability and the actual condition of the car.

So let’s start with availability how many of the kits have been delivered 200? How many will actually be finished historically only about 50% of the kits sold will ever be finished. (We all have had more then one project sitting in the garage due to things out of our control). So that only leaves 100 or so finished cars on the market (and yes unfinished kits generally go for cheap just to get out from under it).
Next is the condition of the already small number of cars that are available. (Now guys/girls don’t miss interprete this) a good portion of these cars are budget minded builds if I can take the part off the donor and it looks semi reasonable I’m going to use it. So the car is finished but it is only as good as the +100,000 mile donor. The next set of builders change out any semi worn parts polish and paint the major components and assemble (nearly always stating they are going to build a bigger and better engine/transmission package after it is running). So the cars are finished look great but are still running the donors drivetrain under a spray can overhaul. Then finally there are the builders that go all out. The new crate engines, the completely rebuilt engines, transmissions all the major components are rebuilt or new. How much different are the prices going to change? (I have no idea)...

What I do know is that I and most likely you reading this would never pay the asking price for one of these cars (because we have the means, talent and time to build our own). The other thing is actually registering the car, all the builders know the actual build of the standard Goblin kit is relatively simple. Now let’s see the average builder making and modifying the kit to pass a NY or CA DOT inspection requirements (heck TX for that matter).

So what I am selling (to the guy that wants a finished Goblin now that is registered and titled in New York State as a 2017 Custom Convertible - that I believe is transferable to any state).

Asking price is $30,000 OBO for the car as it sits...
or possibly...
$25,000 OBO with the NY DOT equipment removed (upper cage, windshield, wipers, hood fillet, bumpers and associated attachments - everything was designed to be unbolted) so you basically would be getting the standard city Goblin.

OBVIOUSLY the VIN number and title would still go with the car either way....

So hopefully that answers your questions. Do I need to sell it NO will I sell it sure. Would I pay the asking price HELL NO, but is it worth the price to someone who can’t build and register one of their own HELL YEAH....

Sorry for the re-post...
But need to move it over to the classifieds section...
1274F1F1-36AC-4F46-939A-FAAE8643B70E.jpeg

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
This is a fair price I too have put together an excel spreadsheet and I won't mention price but I will be close to $25k with a great deal on a donor $1,100. I have not even started building the kit its being powder coated this is just a prediction if all goes well. Parts add up quick tires, wheels, powder coating, panels, paint, clutch, etc... My estimation does not include the easily 200-300 hours building the car. BAR-AIR car was built in a state with a tough inspection keep that in mind.

BAR-AIR

Finally received the actual title yesterday...
Was starting to get nervous with it taking so long to get the actual paper title from New York State....

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
One thing that should happen is for DF to copy the windshield and accompanying bodywork for production. It flat looks right, and would please many a DMV officer. I would love to see this happen!

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Just kind of testing the waters. I have had a ton of calls with regards to selling “BLUE” as a complete car. Whether it be price or distance I haven’t sold it (which in a lot of ways isn’t a bad thing). So I’m at a crossroad with regards to it. If I keep her I would like to reconfigure her so that both mine and my son’s car are more or less the same. That being said I’m considering pulling the 2008 Ecotec 2.2 with supercharger out of my car and replacing with the later model 2.2 or 2.4 Ecotec with VVT so that the harnesses and computers are interchangeable.
So my question is what is the value of a completely rebuilt 08 Ecotec with the ZZPerformance supercharger (minus my intercooler,harnesses and computers)?
THX,
Bruce
Also possibly considering selling the removable upper cage with windshield... still working on a replacement for both cars...

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Good Afternoon,
Just kind of testing the waters. I have had a ton of calls with regards to selling “BLUE” as a complete car. Whether it be price or distance I haven’t sold it (which in a lot of ways isn’t a bad thing). So I’m at a crossroad with regards to it. If I keep her I would like to reconfigure her so that both mine and my son’s car are more or less the same. That being said I’m considering pulling the 2008 Ecotec 2.2 with supercharger out of my car and replacing with the later model 2.2 or 2.4 Ecotec with VVT so that the harnesses and computers are interchangeable.
So my question is what is the value of a completely rebuilt 08 Ecotec with the ZZPerformance supercharger (minus my intercooler,harnesses and computers)?
THX,
Bruce
Also possibly considering selling the removable upper cage with windshield... still working on a replacement for both cars...
Well just FYI I’ll be selling my 2010 2.2 with turbo the whole setup ready to go once my new engine is done....Though I’m not sure how you’d handle electronics

aaronbuley

Good Afternoon,

Kind of a re-post from “Goblin on YouTube” people asking price and condition of my Goblin that is for sale.

Let’s start this off with price is always dictated on availability and the actual condition of the car.

So let’s start with availability how many of the kits have been delivered 200? How many will actually be finished historically only about 50% of the kits sold will ever be finished. (We all have had more then one project sitting in the garage due to things out of our control). So that only leaves 100 or so finished cars on the market (and yes unfinished kits generally go for cheap just to get out from under it).
Next is the condition of the already small number of cars that are available. (Now guys/girls don’t miss interprete this) a good portion of these cars are budget minded builds if I can take the part off the donor and it looks semi reasonable I’m going to use it. So the car is finished but it is only as good as the +100,000 mile donor. The next set of builders change out any semi worn parts polish and paint the major components and assemble (nearly always stating they are going to build a bigger and better engine/transmission package after it is running). So the cars are finished look great but are still running the donors drivetrain under a spray can overhaul. Then finally there are the builders that go all out. The new crate engines, the completely rebuilt engines, transmissions all the major components are rebuilt or new. How much different are the prices going to change? (I have no idea)...

What I do know is that I and most likely you reading this would never pay the asking price for one of these cars (because we have the means, talent and time to build our own). The other thing is actually registering the car, all the builders know the actual build of the standard Goblin kit is relatively simple. Now let’s see the average builder making and modifying the kit to pass a NY or CA DOT inspection requirements (heck TX for that matter).

So what I am selling (to the guy that wants a finished Goblin now that is registered and titled in New York State as a 2017 Custom Convertible - that I believe is transferable to any state).

Asking price is $30,000 OBO for the car as it sits...
or possibly...
$25,000 OBO with the NY DOT equipment removed (upper cage, windshield, wipers, hood fillet, bumpers and associated attachments - everything was designed to be unbolted) so you basically would be getting the standard city Goblin.

OBVIOUSLY the VIN number and title would still go with the car either way....

So hopefully that answers your questions. Do I need to sell it NO will I sell it sure. Would I pay the asking price HELL NO, but is it worth the price to someone who can’t build and register one of their own HELL YEAH....

Sorry for the re-post...
But need to move it over to the classifieds section...
View attachment 5093
I just ordered and I’m chassis 136.
There are definitely way less than 100 out there built

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Just a quick note.... “BLUE” is still for sale if someone wants or has to have a street worthy Goblin for this summer....
THX,
Bruce

grantcropper

BAR-AIR, do you have any videos of the car running/driving? Your car looks beautiful and it would be fun to see it on the road. I just put in my order and am waiting for the kit to arrive, I am very excited to walk the path! We are kit number 161.

BAR-AIR

E84B9990-6B57-423D-95EF-D745313FEBF3.jpeg

Good Afternoon,
Haven’t had a lot of time to drive or work on the cars. (Dealing with my mother in law’s worsening dementia). But good news was able to clean it up and bring it over to one of the largest car shows in my local area last Sunday. It was well received even had a handful of people that knew what it was. Not that we put are cars in shows for awards but it is kind of cool when the judges do like it enough to reward your work...
1F4EBA9D-2B7D-4A54-AA6E-82F08B8B73EE.jpeg

Hey doesn’t that double the price tag ???
THX,
Bruce

Attachments

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
While I’m not in a hurry or in the need to sell “BLUE”. We are starting to see a couple of Goblin’s coming up for sale (and I truly hope each is sold...). But price variations are really in the details. Buyers check the miles on engines/transmissions how much of the donors used parts were used.... All the cars listed may be the best of the best - So take the closest and cheapest... But there are some more budget minded builds also ( please don’t take this as a dig just a reality of the kit car market ).
Respectfully,
Bruce

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Had a couple of requests about if “BLUE” was still for sale. It is asking low 20’s or BO...
Located in Lancaster, NY 14086 (just east of Buffalo).
THX,
Bruce

KSLunsfo

I wish I could have some instant gratification right about now, ha. It's a good looking car, I imagine you'll hate to see it go. But I'm sure whoever gets it will love it. Good luck!