First Start, no love.

RouteAbel

Trying to start my 2010 SS. When I try to fire up the car I do not get the fuel pump to prime. The guages click on, I get a low fuel and brake fluid message and the total mileage. The RPD does not illuminate.

I get 3.24 volts at the fuel pump and have good ground there but the fuel pump doesn't run. Could it be bad or likely something else?

If I jump the starter I get spark and can here it spin.

RouteAbel

On closer inspection I am getting 3.4 volts on the purple and tan wires but nothing on the grey wire which I believe should be my hot.

RouteAbel

One step forward. Another check of the BMS and tightening of the 5 bolts and now I am getting fuel pump priming. Still no spark. Gauge cluster makes it a bit farther and now comes up to the ABS and tracktion control warnings.

RouteAbel

I don’t see 3 of the purple plugs, I only found 1.

I do have this plug hanging free by the transmission and am not sure what it is for.

JPas914

When I was building mine, I had a tan data wire break. It would prime the fuel pump but not crank, easiest way to check for that is to rent a code reader from an auto parts store, mine wouldn’t connect to the ECU. The plug by your transmission is for the downstream O2 sensor, as JBINTX and Rttoys stated. You may need a clutch pedal position sensor relearn, if you had to change the ECU or sensor.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Someone allready mentioned this. These plugs are identical and easily swapped. Look at the colored wires going into one plug and out on the other side. They should match. One plug goes to the harness the other goes to the throttle body.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I think that one mounts to stud on the frame, at the trans mount (just under the fuse box).

RouteAbel

I'm getting no power to the purple wire attached to the starter. From the diagrams that runs to the BCM crank relay. I checked the crank fuse and its good. I'm not sure how to test the relay unless I just remove it and jumper the connections.

RouteAbel

One more clue, the ODB port is not working so guessing I have a problem in the communication wiring. RPD works.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Do you have access to the wiring diagram for your 2010 Cobalt?

Can you post a pic of the connector that comes out of the spark plug area? I want to see that the wires on both sides of the plug match color for color. This should hold true for all connectors - the wires should match on both sides, colorwise.

Can you check if you have power from OBDII pin 4 (ground) to pin 16 (12V+)

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Be sure that you scraped off any paint or powder-coat where you attached your grounds to the frame. Nonconductive coatings (such as paint, lacquer, and enamel) on equipment to be grounded mustl be removed from threads and other contact surfaces to ensure good electrical continuity.