First ZZP remote tune failed ( Locked PCM

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure. I have a 2007 and it uses just a simple switch on the clutch. From what I remember hearing is that you have to use the Tech2 at the dealer to do that but I'm sure there are other ways you can. You might try slightly different clutch positions during cranking to so see if that is the issue.
That didn’t work, Sense everything thing else seems to work can I just wire up a cool push button start and do away with clutch start, I’ve lived 62 years before all this safety stuff LOL

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I don’t get it I even put the old PCM back on and it still want turn over everything lights up and kicks on like it should,
The clutch switch should work with this pcm sense I had no issues before with it running . This donor must of had a tune before it ran to good . But I didn’t want to run to lean or over boost so I wanted a more accurate tune. What an adventure this has been.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Just a hunch: disconnect the two harness connectors from the ECM, make sure the 7mm bolts in the fuse box are cranked down very tight, then reconnect the two harness connectors to the ECM, making sure to put LOTS of pressure on both before pushing the latch over.

I'd had weird stuff happen several times when I've disconnected/reconnected things back there, and several times, re-seating the fuse box connectors and the ECM connectors has fixed it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You have 2 PCMs? Are they both recognized by the BCM? I believe there is some type of learning process that has to take place with all the parts of the electrical system so they all play together?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Well the New old PCM is down loading, I‘m embarrassed to tell y’all why it wouldn’t download before. But sense someone can learn from my mistake , I guess when you turn the key off and on a lot it runs down the battery quicker than you realize . So the tune is downloading the goblin info so I can send to ZZP and they will send back a goblin tune to start with. Now I just have to figure out why it want turn over even with the old PCM . I’m not through charging battery yet who knows .
It worked download and sending on its way once I figure out how LOL

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I've always heard that you should have a battery charger on anytime you are loading tunes since a low battery can really screw things up.

Is there any chance you triggered an anti-theft setting while this was going on?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I've always heard that you should have a battery charger on anytime you are loading tunes since a low battery can really screw things up.

Is there any chance you triggered an anti-theft setting while this was going on?
That’s a good question my friend

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Hey ZoomZoom, reviving this thread because I’m having issues with HPT connecting to my PCM. Was this the error you were getting on the old PCM?
27547A4D-8F7B-4D15-97DB-A29F4FA0BDA4.jpeg

I had everything connected, key in the run position (turn anymore and the starter tries to go) and was still getting this error. Battery had just came off the charger over night and showed a full charge so trying to figure out what the issue is. My data wires should be good since I’m getting all the lights on the dash, fuel pump primes, and I can blip the starter (don’t have the clutch connected yet).

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Hey ZoomZoom, reviving this thread because I’m having issues with HPT connecting to my PCM. Was this the error you were getting on the old PCM? View attachment 22830
I had everything connected, key in the run position (turn anymore and the starter tries to go) and was still getting this error. Battery had just came off the charger over night and showed a full charge so trying to figure out what the issue is. My data wires should be good since I’m getting all the lights on the dash, fuel pump primes, and I can blip the starter (don’t have the clutch connected yet).
No mine would read the vin. Information
Re: X7F Negative Response Code is what it would show. If it’s conn it should show the vin # at least

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Hey ZoomZoom, reviving this thread because I’m having issues with HPT connecting to my PCM. Was this the error you were getting on the old PCM? View attachment 22830

Attachments

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Dang, was hoping a new pcm would solve my issue. Now I’m thinking it’s my data wires causing the issue and I REALLY don’t want to pull my harness apart >.<

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I have OBDLink and I didn’t even think to try that when I had everything connected up. It worked before I tore the donor apart as I pulled some codes with it. Dropped the chassis at the fabricators today so I might need to get creative with some steel plate for grounds and connect everything up again.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Before you mess with HPT or anything else, hook up a generic scanner and see if you are getting good bus data and a handshake. Anything else on the CAN (Aeroforce gauges, ect) may corrupt it. I plan to talk to Cory at AIM tomorrow but my experience with hooking up to the bus has been very coincidental and intermittent...Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t... seriously senseless.

The most very basic thing you can do is multimeter the beige and beige with black stripe wires and ensure you are reading 60 ohms to ensure proper termination. From there, if any basic scanner is not interrogating the bus, then ensure nothing else is on the bus that may be interfering. Keep trying.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I don’t have any other gauges connected to the OBD. Did even have the factory boost gauge plugged in at the time. Was really just trying to check that I got dash lights, fuel pump tried to pick up, and that the starter would try to start. Figured if it’d do that, then my harness was good including data wires, but guess I was wrong haha. When I get some free time over the next week, I’ll have to reconnect everything and see what OBDLink reads, if anything, and then try HPT again if OBDLink works.

Thank you guys for the help

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I don’t have any other gauges connected to the OBD. Did even have the factory boost gauge plugged in at the time. Was really just trying to check that I got dash lights, fuel pump tried to pick up, and that the starter would try to start. Figured if it’d do that, then my harness was good including data wires, but guess I was wrong haha. When I get some free time over the next week, I’ll have to reconnect everything and see what OBDLink reads, if anything, and then try HPT again if OBDLink works.

Thank you guys for the help
Hope it’s an easy find for you :)

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Well anyone who comes to this thread seeing what a locked PCM looks like, my error is NOT related. OBDLink adapter couldn’t connect to the vehicle, but it does have power so I definitely have a wiring issue >.<

Meansol

I have the same "x7f negative response code" reading the PCM with hptuners. It can read the VIN. HPtuners said it doesnt have a locked tune, he thought it was electrical connection issue. But I swapped PCM with my Solstice and I can read that PCM in the kit car and still cant read it in the Solstice. Sounds like I might need to get a new PCM too, I'm thinking it's locked but not by HPtuners.