Florida Tag / Hagerty Insurance

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Spent 2 hours at the local Florida DMV today. My goal transfer my Montana Tag & Title to Florida. First I was sent home to get a LEO to verify the VIN, no issues. Then returned to the DMV to wait again. Finally was seen & went round & round with the lady who was actually being quite patient & helpful. She tried to defer to Tallahassee & I convinced her to do some more looking. She could not find a way to enter DF Goblin as the "make" of the car. I explained that there are several Goblins tagged in Florida with no issues. Luckily Goblin #225's owner (Paul) had posted his car & tag on Facebook which I showed the DMV lady. Apparently she plugged in his Tag number to see what make it was & it came up as ASPT. I told her I believed that meant "Assembled From Parts". She plugged in ASPT for the make & we were in business. FLORIDA TITLE ISSUED.

She then asked for my insurance info which is with Hagerty. She said it has to be changed to Florida. So NO TAG TODAY. Got home called Hagerty & after another 30 minutes wasted I was told they WILL NOT transfer coverage to Florida & in fact will cancel my policy when it is due to expire in July.

So how was your day?

Last edited:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I don't plan on moving, so maybe I can keep my policy. Guess we'll find out when it renews in August.

jaredthenav

This is 2 bits of Florida registration good news in 2 days...I might try registration here one more time before paying for MT.. Hope you get the insurance sorted soon!

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
After many issues & problems I finally got my Florida Title late Friday afternoon. It was a battle but mission accomplished. Then yesterday I dumped Hagerty Insurance before they dumped me & went with Kelsey Bell at Virtuosic Collector Protector Insurance (630-617-9960 ... X-100). Reasonable at $580 a year for $20K coverage and a 3,000 mile limit. Today went back to the local DMV (fourth time) & got my Florida tag. What an ordeal this has been but It feels good to be finished. I applied for a Florida "Submarine Veteran" Vanity Tag which is limited to just 5 letters. I was able to get "GBLYN" and have it reserved and on order. Another legal & Tagged Florida Goblin.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
After many issues & problems I finally got my Florida Title late Friday afternoon. It was a battle but mission accomplished. Then yesterday I dumped Hagerty Insurance before they dumped me & went with Kelsey Bell at Virtuosic Collector Protector Insurance (630-617-9960 ... X-100). Reasonable at $580 a year for $20K coverage and a 3,000 mile limit. Today went back to the local DMV (fourth time) & got my Florida tag. What an ordeal this has been but It feels good to be finished. I applied for a Florida "Submarine Veteran" Vanity Tag which is limited to just 5 letters. I was able to get "GBLYN" and have it reserved and on order. Another legal & Tagged Florida Goblin.
Thank you Frank. They are sending me over a quote.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Did you call my Insurance lady they don’t have a mileage limit. Florida only ! Around 600 a year

Attachments