Florida Title & Registering

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
That's what I figured. Plus I can part out a lot of the donor car and make a few $$ back. Saw the Carfax on the car and it is clean and the car appears to have been well maintained. Have a car trailer all lined up so if this all falls into place will pick up the donor on Tuesday. Once the donor arrives I will order the kit.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I like that progressive didn’t have a mileage limit
Not sure if they have a mileage limit, but was asked how much I was going to drive it. Realistically what I told them should be about right (2000). I may drive it to work here and there, but mostly just pleasure. Although track miles might add up. :cool:

HOBGOBLIN

Well today was a very good day for DF GOBLIN AND MY GOBLIN , So Florida is still able to title tube vehicles . I was able to get my Goblin Titled and Registered
My Goblin is LEGAL to drive on the beautiful open roads instead of just around the neighborhood

How long did it take time wise start to finish once you filled out the paper work?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
From time they received paper work your appointment is 2 weeks before you go get paper work done mine was 1 1/2 weeks ,as soon as I left there I called DMV and got a appointment that afternoon ; Took about a hour there and had Title, Registation and tag in hand walking out door.
DID ALL IN ONE DAY , APPOINTMENT WAS AT 11:30

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
From time they received paper work your appointment is 2 weeks before you go get paper work done mine was 1 1/2 weeks ,as soon as I left there I called DMV and got a appointment that afternoon ; Took about a hour there and had Title, Registation and tag in hand walking out door.
DID ALL IN ONE DAY , APPOINTMENT WAS AT 11:30
I wish our local run government would learn from your Florida one..............

HOBGOBLIN

Sorry took so long to respond, I go to bed early And get up late
No worries. So just so I am clear because I will be doing all this very soon.
1. Print and fill out paper work.
2. Make copies for Tallahassee and compliance office.
3. Drop paper work off with 40 dollar check to compliance office
4. wait for the compliance office appointment
5. Go to appointment at compliance office with gobli
6. Obtain insurance
7. Take complete paper work to DMV appointment and get tag and tittle
8. Smile ear to ear knowing the cops won’t arrest you next time.

is that it in a nutshell?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
No worries. So just so I am clear because I will be doing all this very soon.
1. Print and fill out paper work.
2. Make copies for Tallahassee and compliance office.
3. Drop paper work off with 40 dollar check to compliance office
4. wait for the compliance office appointment
5. Go to appointment at compliance office with gobli
6. Obtain insurance
7. Take complete paper work to DMV appointment and get tag and tittle
8. Smile ear to ear knowing the cops won’t arrest you next time.

is that it in a nutshell?
Make sure you have original receipts and extra copy of all that. So they can see you paid taxes and where you purchased everything.. Plus you can go to your dump and pay 5 dollars for a weight ticket.
plus you can call my insurance lady 772-398-2333 and get insurance before you go do any of this ,YOU CAN GET INSURANCE WITHOUT A VIN JUST USE THE GOBLIN BUILD NUMBER ,She insures Florida only. When they email your appointment then I would call her and get Insurance . Ask for LESLIE. Plus you want have a mileage limit !!!
And when you drop off paper work put email, name , and phone number if you drop off
And picture of all 4 sides and it wouldn’t hurt to take 3 pictures of cobalt when you purchase it and half way and when its all ,stripped

Attachments

Last edited:

HOBGOBLIN

Make sure you have original receipt and extra copy of all that. So they can see you paid taxes and where you purchased everything.. Plus you can go to your dump and pay 5 dollars for a weight ticket.
plus you can call my insurance lady and get insurance before you go do any of this ,YOU CAN GET INSURANCE WITHOUT A VIN JUST USE THE GOBLIN BUILD NUMBER ,She insures Florida only. When they email your appointment then I would call her and get Insurance . Ask for LESLIE. Plus you want have a mileage limit !!!
And when you drop off paper work put email, name , and phone number if you drop off
And picture of all 4 sides and it wouldn’t hurt to take 3 pictures of cobalt when you purchase it and half way and when its all ,stripped
thanks I will definitely call her she might get all the goblin insurance policies in FL lol.

JPas914

Thanks for your help with all the paperwork (posting examples of what needs filled out). I just dropped my packet in the mail this morning. I could have driven it to the office in Pensacola, but I didn’t want to drive for a few hours only to turn around and go to work. Here’s to hoping it all goes smoothly.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I mailed mine also and I’m only a hour away, Glad I could help. Did you get your car weighed mine was 1;580, I hope you have a easy time as I did.