Florida Title & Registering

JPas914

It was mostly done before I left for korea. I was missing a clip to connect the clutch line to the transmission. And I had spent a ton of time trying to solve an ECM issue where it wasn’t powering the 5v reference for most of the engine sensors.

JPas914

Update for my Goblin, after unsuccessfully trying to get DF Kit Car added to their list of vehicle ‘makes’ the DMV is assigning the make of my car as ‘ASPT’ and will be mailing all of my paperwork to me today. With any luck it’ll be here tomorrow (I’m only 60 miles from their office) and I can get an appointment at the local tax office to get everything finalized. #83 will be on the road very soon.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
ASPT = Assembled from Parts Title. From what I understand this is a good thing. Congratulations. When it gets closer for my Florida Goblin I will be picking your brain for all the good info.

JPas914

Just bumping this thread to let anybody following know that I haven’t forgotten ya’ll. I got my paperwork back on the 7th, but my local tax office didn’t have any openings until the 21st. This waiting is so hard :D. But after the compliance inspection, I took it by my workcenter on Eglin and let some of my maintenance buddies check it out in my trailer (it was wayyy too hot to unstrap it and there were way too many cops around to drive it). They are pretty excited for it to get registered because it means free rides, and maybe a race or two. Lol. It did get some wheels turning in one of their heads about trying to talk his wife into buying one.

JPas914

Success! Was able to get my Goblin registered and titled today. Didn’t run into any major issues, and the only issues that came up were minor technical difficulties with their computer system. I just gotta make a plate to secure my temp tag to while I wait for my personalized plate.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Yeah, Oldchevyguy’s post about us being screwed had me worried, but all evidence says his point of contact may have given him some incorrect info.
As long as you followed what I did . I didn’t think you would have any problems
Get all your ducks in a row and only make one trip.

Last edited:

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Success! Was able to get my Goblin registered and titled today. Didn’t run into any major issues, and the only issues that came up were minor technical difficulties with their computer system. I just gotta make a plate to secure my temp tag to while I wait for my personalized plate.
What is you personal tag say, Mine‘s been over a month and still haven’t received it, I guess to many prisoners have COVID 19

Attachments

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
The main thing is you have a starting point, You can always make up grades, You can get a new engine around 2 grand , Later on if you choose too
I did pick up another engine with 87K on the clock (verified by CARFAX). Paid $525 delivered to me door. Replaced the balance shaft & timing chains and the associated components. Added some powder-coat. Waiting on the frame.

Attachments

Oldchevyguy

To be honest, that was what I had figured after seeing chevyguy’s post. I was going to just give the process a go myself and see what my results were. I definitely need to ask the DMV if I will need a FL driver’s license since I’m from out of state and stationed at one of the bases here.
Glad to see Florida would eventually come to there senses. As said before, I was shot down last spring. I registered in Montana, and I have to say I would do it again! You cant beat the no sales tax benefit! Recently I registered a used motorhome the same way. It is over 11 years old so the plates are PERMANENT !!!. For as long as I own this vehicle there will be no registration again or annual fees!
The Goblin has to be re registered every year until its 12 years old. Fees are simular to Florida's, except there is a fee for the Montana company to do the legwork.