Florida title

Stretch2126

I took a trip to the closest field office to submit my application for title. Apparently I have all the right paperwork, but they looked at the photos and call it a race car because of the tube chassis. After a couple minutes of bringing up vw buggies and such they said they won’t clear it. At least through that office. Any recommendations on offices or people because I’ve been calling my regional officer for weeks with no response.
Some advice for others, Orange City motorist services are not goblin friendly.

Stretch2126

Yeah I was thinking that. I’d just like a Florida tag. Also wasn’t sure if the insurance would cover differently. I might try to either send it to Tallahassee or Ocala since some people had luck with that.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
What did you try to register it as? Kit car or Assembled from parts? Have you reviewed this thread?

Maybe have your location call his

Stretch2126

What did you try to register it as? Kit car or Assembled from parts? Have you reviewed this thread?

Maybe have your location call his
Yeah I did it as ASPT. I don’t think anything was wrong with the paperwork. The lady just said it has a tube frame so it’s a race car lol. I probably just need to talk to someone else. The rules are different at every location.

jj01231

Thanks. Did you go to Marion county for a certain reason? I’m in Seminole county near Orlando so just wondering if I need to go to Ocala or if I can go to Seminole county

Last edited:

Stretch2126

Thanks. Did you go to Marion county for a certain reason? I’m in Seminole county near Orlando so just wondering if I need to go to Ocala or if I can go to Seminole county
No I don’t live near there. I just didn’t have luck at the other place and have been recommended to go to the Ocala location. You can try the other ones just remember it has to be the DMHSV since you are “creating” a title.

jj01231

No I don’t live near there. I just didn’t have luck at the other place and have been recommended to go to the Ocala location. You can try the other ones just remember it has to be the DMHSV since you are “creating” a title.
Got it thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing what forms you took with you? And do you happen to remember who you dealt with? You’re the most recent person I have seen that has gotten their Goblin on the road in Florida so I want to follow in your footsteps as much as possible

Stretch2126

Got it thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing what forms you took with you? And do you happen to remember who you dealt with? You’re the most recent person I have seen that has gotten their Goblin on the road in Florida so I want to follow in your footsteps as much as possible
The forms are on this thread. Just bring the receipt for the first stage, the certificate of origin from DF, a check for 40 dollars, and the title from cobalt.

PaulPerger

How did you guys get your shell taken away without giving up the title to the Cobalt? I've been told by several junk yards here in Broward County that they HAVE to have the title. I was told by the local tag office that I will need the title to register the Goblin. They can't both be right! Can they?

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
How did you guys get your shell taken away without giving up the title to the Cobalt? I've been told by several junk yards here in Broward County that they HAVE to have the title. I was told by the local tag office that I will need the title to register the Goblin. They can't both be right! Can they?
cut the shell up with a sawz-all and haul it to scrap. It is not a car anymore if its cut up

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
And remember Kids! When there is a state and it's bureaucracy involved, they CAN both be RIGHT! They don't serve you, your mere existence is just getting in the way of their next coffee break! In the bad ol' days(1981) in GA you couldn't register and tag a car without insurance BUT you couldn't get car insurance without registration and Tag #. A real live Catch 22! Cure: ya gotta lie to somebody! I chose to lie to the insurance co. Insurance Companies only "file" lawsuits. The State Employs people whose only job is to arrest you! Yikes! But I picked right! The insurance company just wants checks that don't bounce.

PaulPerger

I cut it up… Seven large pieces. Got a scrap guy going to come haul it off for me.

Had to buy a new Sawzall, as my Ryobi cordless worked great, but it burned through a battery in about 10 minutes. A new Milwaukee Sawzall and four new carbide blades and it was done in an afternoon…