Flywheel bolts and axle bearing

gofast

A set of eight flywheel bolts, # GM11570626 goes for $42 at ZZP. Polaris uses an Ecotec engine in the Slingshot and the same GM flywheel bolts list for $2.99 each. Search for Polaris 11570626. I got a set of eight for $26.82 from Adept Powersports including tax and shipping. I didn't price any other engine parts from Polaris, but there might be savings on other GM OEM parts from them.

I have a question on a CV axle shaft carrier bearing, GM 12785906. The going price is $60-70. The bearing is a SKF 6008-2rs1/vp23f7. The Opel # is 328114. Can anyone confirm that bearing SKF 6008-2rs1 is the same bearing? I can get that bearing for around $10. The specs appear to be the same.

Lastly, I still don't have a builders log yet because I can't get my I-phone to email photos to my computer. I thought this was because I am an idiot with tech devises. I took the phone into Verizon, where I purchased the phone, and they couldn't figure it out either. I might start the log without photos.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Lastly, I still don't have a builders log yet because I can't get my I-phone to email photos to my computer. I thought this was because I am an idiot with tech devises. I took the phone into Verizon, where I purchased the phone, and they couldn't figure it out either. I might start the log without photos.
Start it, we are fine without pictures(but do like them). If you dont like posting here with your phone you could always create a post on your computer then go back and directly attach the photos with your phone. You can also text messaging to your email to send yourself photos, just use your email address instead of a phone number for the recipient.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You also should be able to post your photos to the forum directly from your phone. Just click on the "Attach file" and then select your photo library. Another option, although not the best option, is to use a cloud function such as iCloud, Google Drive, or Dropbox.

Photos help to create a lot of interest and clarity to your build. Welcome to the build process!

Ross

Goblin Guru
A set of eight flywheel bolts, # GM11570626 goes for $42 at ZZP. Polaris uses an Ecotec engine in the Slingshot and the same GM flywheel bolts list for $2.99 each. Search for Polaris 11570626. I got a set of eight for $26.82 from Adept Powersports including tax and shipping. I didn't price any other engine parts from Polaris, but there might be savings on other GM OEM parts from them.

I have a question on a CV axle shaft carrier bearing, GM 12785906. The going price is $60-70. The bearing is a SKF 6008-2rs1/vp23f7. The Opel # is 328114. Can anyone confirm that bearing SKF 6008-2rs1 is the same bearing? I can get that bearing for around $10. The specs appear to be the same.

Wish I knew about this before I bought the ARP flywheel bolts. I ended up grinding the heads down 1mm in my lathe to make them work on my LSJ.
Those Polaris bolts are cheaper, and probably are the correct head height.

Last edited: