Footwell cover installation

PHENDERSON

Is there anything special to mounting the footwell cover other then a little cutting for fitment? Is it held down with zip ties or hardware? Looks like maybe zip ties from some pics I've seen but want to confirm.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
No particular way I know that is “supposed” to be done. Some have used cable ties, I used riv-nuts but then again I made my own cover.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I believe the hardware bag that came with mine had self-tapping screws. If I am putting holes in my frame I will probably use riv-nuts.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I avoided holes in the frame tubes when possible.

PHENDERSON

JBINTX, I like what you did. Does it work well? If it keeps the heat out and serves it's purpose then I think I'll go the same route and use only the front part and cut the rest off.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I have mine held down with zip ties right now. I would absolutely not rivet it, though. Ideally I'm going to screw it in so it's still removable.

PHENDERSON

Rivnuts would be a good option other than adding holes to the frame. Maybe it's not a big deal to add a few.

baustin

I've always just had my foot well cover held on by zip ties. When I need to remove it, I just have to use new zip ties but that's not a big deal. I do have truck camper gasket between the footwell cover and the tube frame to better seal the fit. No intention of changing to screws or rivets for me. With the hood installed, I can't see any of the zip ties; boost gauge on the driver side and my roll bar glove bag on the passenger side hide the only zip ties that might be seen on other goblins.

KSLunsfo

How have you guys dealt with the interference of the power steering motor? At least I'm assuming it's not just me...

I'm going to have to cut a considerable part of the cover away to actually clear the motor.

baustin

I didn't have to do anything to the foot well cover, the indention for the motor fits decently. Might've had to trim the key cylinder metal that used to go around the steering column but no cutting from the foot well cover.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Only had to cut around the brake/clutch/gas area to fit. Otherwise the cover fit good. Had to pull the side out after securing the other side so it lined up with the rail but that was it

Goblinfanclub1234

I made a template in autocad that I printed and used which I based off of Tim Moland's post!!! my ignition cylinder column lock still hits the cover I need to trim the lock more. I can send you the .dwg if you want.

Last edited:

KSLunsfo

These pictures show what I'm contending with. I can only assume those that don't have this issue either have a revised power steering mounting bracket that Adam had told me about some time ago or there is a difference in footwell covers. Basically I have a combination of the motor being too far out and slightly too far forward. Basically I have a combination of the motor being too far out and slightly too far forward.