Footwell Cover

Ross

Goblin Guru
I'm getting close to placing my order, picking up the donor tomorrow, and need to know, do I need one if these? If heat is a problem, then it will be a big problem in Vegas.

So, if you are running a hood, why can't the bulkhead/forward firewall run up to the hood and seal at the hood/firewall seam instead of using the footwell cover? Is there something I don't understand?
I was wondering the same thing. If you can do a bit of fabricating, it should work fine.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I had a little different idea for the footwell. There is quite a bit of overlap between it and the hood when both are installed. The key part of the footwell is the front vertical wall to keep the radiator heat from entering the passenger space. So, I simplified it some. I avoided drilling screws into the frame tubes. I used adel clamps to make it easily removable if needed. I used Tim's idea of the foam pipe insulation to seal between the footwell and the hood.
A little simpler way to do it. :)

IMG_8022.jpgIMG_8037.jpgIMG_8038.jpg

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I had a little different idea for the footwell. There is quite a bit of overlap between it and the hood when both are installed. The key part of the footwell is the front vertical wall to keep the radiator heat from entering the passenger space. So, I simplified it some. I avoided drilling screws into the frame tubes. I used adel clamps to make it easily removable if needed. I used Tim's idea of the foam pipe insulation to seal between the footwell and the hood.
A little simpler way to do it. :)

View attachment 13278View attachment 13279View attachment 13280
Now that you have quite a bit of time on your footwell mod, would you still mod it the same or make changes?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Samsies. I've just been waiting until late spring or early summer as I currently like the heat coming off the front in the 40-50 degree weather we've been having.
Same here. :D Then in the summer, I don’t do it, because I don’t like to mess with fiberglass when I’m sweating.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I’m just doing the foam trick
If you do the foam firewall to the hood and you don't have any sides, the heat just goes around the firewall, and blow dries your outside knees. Like the footwell cover, you also need side coverage to isolate from the radiator heat.
IMG_1908.jpgIMG_1910.jpg

In the end it is black but the white shows the detail.

Joe