Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Well after a week of diagnosing a "no connection" issue with anything plugged into the OBD port we finally discovered that the LSJ has a second circuit for the low speed data wires. I may have rushed the harness or just didn't pay close enough attention to the video but I recall it saying connect all of the green low speed data wires. Well, that doesn't work so well when the system expects 2 separate circuits. My mistake, but it's fixed now and this thing should be on the road this week!

Murcielago311

That's concerning, I tied all mine together from an 06 SC. What are you trying to connect to the OBD? My WOT box is plugged into mine and seems to be working enough for the car to run and drive. Haven't tried launch control or any of its features yet.

Great job on a quick build!

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Have you tried any scan tools or anything on the port yet? We were able to start the car with the issue but I couldn't connect anything for diagnostics or HPTuners. If I wasn't going with bigger injectors and whatnot there's a chance it would have taken me a lot longer to discover this issue. The easiest test is just check continuity between the 2 green wires right next to each other in the OBD port. If there's continuity there, you have a problem! lol

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
. Confused. On my 07 SS/SC, I connected all of the green wires. You are correct that there are two data sets. One is a low speed and the other is a high speed GM. I use HP Tuners all the time without issue. Without more references, I can’t clarify right now while at work.

Murcielago311

Good to know, thanks. You know what I lied, it's my aeroforce gauge going to the obd port, which I have been able to read and clear codes with. Just checked and no continuity so I must have done it right on accident, lol.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
. Confused. On my 07 SS/SC, I connected all of the green wires. You are correct that there are two data sets. One is a low speed and the other is a high speed GM. I use HP Tuners all the time without issue. Without more references, I can’t clarify right now while at work.
Pins 1 and 2 are both dark green low speed data wires but they are separate circuits. Once we separated the circuits everything works just like it should! How did I manage to mess this up when building the harness? I have no idea! lol
DLC.JPG

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Pins 1 and 2 are both dark green low speed data wires but they are separate circuits. Once we separated the circuits everything works just like it should! How did I manage to mess this up when building the harness? I have no idea! lol
View attachment 15037
It's in the new videos, I had to go slow through them. It's real easy to miss stuff.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Evidently there's a shortage of race seats these days so FINALLY I was able to find a nice set of seats in stock! Picked them up Thursday night, spent all day Friday making them fit, and then took it for it's maiden voyage! It was a great success! 15 days after getting it back from powder coat we drove it! I don't think that's too shabby. Probably would have been a little sooner if we hadn't spent 5 days chasing a data wire issue and 4 days trying to figure out seats!
IMG_20200627_163640.jpg

IMG_20200626_191031.jpg

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Time to do an alignment!
Are the front hubs supposed to be the same width as the rear hubs?
IMG_20200630_165056.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
No. I also encourage you to try the alignment with someone in the seat or in the middle of the car. It will make a difference in the alignment. If nothing else, align it and then check it with someone (of your weight or close to it) in the middle of the car and check it again. Report back.

When we had ours in on the "lazer" alignment machine, I seen big differences in the numbers with me in and out of the car. Why not make it correct with someone in the car?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Not square, but close! :)

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Dropped the car off at the Dyno tuner today. Hopefully it'll be back on Wednesday and then we can do a little final prep before the AutoX on Sunday! Still waiting on registration but that's not going to hold us back! Also got the hood coated and windshield tinted today.
IMG_20200706_075636.jpg

IMG_20200706_213238.jpg

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Hood coated? As in dipyourcar.com coated? What was your prep?

Did you lay the tint down on the polycarbonate just like you would a glass window? I ask mainly because there were concerns on the longevity

I'm coincidentally tinting and coating my hood too. Get the dip and tint tomorrow! Yours looks great so I'm excited

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
it does look good. Just a little white, and you got the vintage red, white, and blue scheme covered ;)

lksohm

I was thinking doing the same plastidip route for my hood. What kind of prep is needed for the hood before you spray color?