Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Hello! My name is Nate and I'm from Janesville, WI. I believe it was last fall when I first discovered the Goblin and started the wheels in motion to acquire one. I placed my order back in March so my kit should be ready pretty soon! I picked up a fairly clean 06 SS/SC for the donor and a couple buddies and I went to town completely stripping it last Saturday. I plan to AutoX the Goblin and do some track days at our local road courses. Currently my "race car" is an 08 Pontiac G8 with a whole bunch of stuff done to it to make a family sedan somewhat competitive. You can see more of that @fozda.x on Instagram if you're curious.
Full Build Video

Last edited:

lksohm

Oh cool! I have a really good friend/ old college roommate who lives in Janesville. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for a Goblin driving around soon.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
You knocked out that Cobalt quickly.
This isn't our first rodeo with tearing stuff apart! lol If you look at our YouTube you will see the videos of the RV we chopped for this year's ChopTopChallenge.
Oh cool! I have a really good friend/ old college roommate who lives in Janesville. I'll tell him to keep an eye out for a Goblin driving around soon.
Does he drive anything cool that I would recognize?
Nice team name. :p
Thanks! :)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Hiya folks! My name is Nate and I'm from Janesville, WI. I believe it was last fall when I first discovered the Goblin and started the wheels in motion to acquire one. I placed my order back in March so my kit should be ready pretty soon! I picked up a fairly clean 06 SS/SC for the donor and a couple buddies and I went to town completely stripping it last Saturday. I plan to AutoX the Goblin and do some track days at our local road courses. Currently my "race car" is an 08 Pontiac G8 with a whole bunch of stuff done to it to make a family sedan somewhat competitive. You can see more of that @fozda.x on Instagram if you're curious.
Most of my build log will be videos since pictures are boring but I'll try to keep the videos fairly short so you don't get too bored.
Here's the video of the tear down.
Goblin Episode 1: the tear down
dang!!!! even the phone breaks were fast......
Looking forward to more videos like that!!!

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Not much progress to report yet. Spent a bunch of time fixing the other car but now that's done so I can focus on prepping the Cobalt bits. Parts have started arriving too!
IMG_20200505_211307.jpgIMG_20200505_211302.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
I see you welded on hose barbs for the radiator... and some thing extra on the halo bar. What is that for?

Last edited:

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Those corner gussets serve 3 purposes... strengthen the corner, make the front look way more aggressive, and give something to grab onto for getting in and out or for passenger to hold onto. The rear tubes got the same ends for the rad hoses and we welded nuts into the subframe so there won't be any bolt heads in the way. We also put a singular tube in the center of the halo front to back for more strength and whatnot and some additional tabs for a later project. I don't know how old people are going to get in and out of this thing...it's hard enough for me to get in and out!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
be sure to clean the inside of the coolant tubes. There was a lot of junk (rust and metal pieces) in mine when I ran the swab through to lube the tunes for the hoses.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Here's our progress from end of day 1.5. We did about 5 hours worth of work on Thursday night and then all day yesterday.
Still 2 days left in the weekend! I'm confident that we'd have everything on this weekend if we had everything. There was a couple of things backordered and a box of brake parts that got missed when we picked up the kit.

Attachments