Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Capt, looks fantastic and you are moving along nicely. Make sure you try the wheel to a-arm spacing at full turn lock, don't want that purty paint job to get rubbed. Can't wait to see what your finished Goblin will look like,, it's going to be a classic with that frame color. Also don't forget the tires you have are directional - that should be a passenger side you have mounted up in your photos. :)

WYGoblin

Capt, looks fantastic and you are moving along nicely. Make sure you try the wheel to a-arm spacing at full turn lock, don't want that purty paint job to get rubbed. Can't wait to see what your finished Goblin will look like,, it's going to be a classic with that frame color. Also don't forget the tires you have are directional - that should be a passenger side you have mounted up in your photos. :)
Also remember to check your spacing after your alignment also. I checked mine before alignment and it was clearing but after I did my alignment I rubbed just a little bit.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Another day in the books. It does look like a slingshot. Still having to do a lot of things out of sequence since I am waiting on my wiring harness. Also not sure everything on the rear suspension is correct. I put things where it seems to go since I can not find a build video for the rear suspension. By the way some bolts are finger tight, some are loose & nothing is torqued down yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Looking good Frank! I like your choice in wheels and tires. I’m also running Avid.1 wheels and Nitto 555G2 tires!
Excellent choice. I think my fenders will be OK on the 245's up front. In the back I have 275's so I will have to split the fenders and add in a 1-1/2" strip to widen them.

Goblin Graber

Excellent choice. I think my fenders will be OK on the 245's up front. In the back I have 275's so I will have to split the fenders and add in a 1-1/2" strip to widen them.
It’ll look good with big fat fenders on the back! I went with a 225/275 combo, but mine will be fenderless. How do the 275s look from the back?

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Misc picture update. Tried vacuum bleeding the brakes today. Never did it this way before & not having much luck. Of course a quart of DOT3 went somewhere. Need to get some more tomorrow. Put on a nice, waterproof 8 pin (female) connector to the dash panel. Have to do the (male) to the wiring harness which will be here tomorrow night. Installed the driver seat & wound up adding another 1-1/2 "U" channel to raise the seat up. Installed one set of 5-point harness(s).

Attachments